“You have to get through the rain if you’re ever going to see a rainbow.”
~ Karen White, After The Rain
Hello Lovelies, and welcome to Week 3 of our Journal Challenge!
If you’ve only just found us now, it’s not too late to go back and start at the beginning. That’s the beauty of journalling. It waits for us, and works with our own time-frames.
Have you ever gone outside after a really good downpour? The world looks washed clean. The air is fresh and cool, and once again vibrant with possibility. Even tired, jaded places take on a soft beauty. It’s hard not to believe in new beginnings in the light of such positive energy.
Before we launch into Week 3, let’s have a quick recap of the last two weeks of journalling:
1. In Week One we called on our own insights to discover where we have held ourselves back, what worries us, and what we might do to bring more balance, healing, sustainability and joy into our lives.
2. In Week Two we bravely called upon the love, wisdom and strength of our Ancestors as we tackled our patterns of resentment, the excuses we use that prevent us growing and moving forward, the areas and relationships where we hold resentment, and the things in our life over which we feel shame. We then looked at how to turn all of this hurt into wisdom, helping us to reclaim the aspects of ourselves that we had shunned.
This week, with our dawning awareness of self we’re going to ask more questions, look from new perspectives and in doing so identify our endings and beginnings.
Image from Lifehack Quotes
Choosing a Crystal
You may wish to choose a crystal to work with this week. It is entirely optional, and you’d be fine without one too – but for my fellow rock lovers, read on…
You can hold this crystal as you write or meditate, place it under your pillow or beside your bed while you sleep, or carry it in your pocket to help you stay focused.
You could choose your stone based on what most appeals to you. That’s a very valid approach. But if you need a little direction, good crystals to work with this week include:
- Any of the Obsidians
- Lapis Lazuli
- Ruby in Zoisite
- Tiger Eye
- Blue Kyanite
- Clear Quartz, with or without inclusions
- Moss Agate
This week I’m wearing my crystal – a beautiful and delicately carved Buddha of Tiger Eye. If you’re working with a crystal too why not tell us about it by leaving a comment below or over at our facebook page. I’ll also be holding my Clear Quartz from Week 1.
Two crystals, I hear you ask? You bet. I can feel it’s going to be a BIG week of breakthroughs for me, so why not! :)
Week Three Meditation:
This week’s simple meditation gets us out of our head and back in our body!
The Seed Meditation
If possible do this meditation outside, on the ground. If weather or illness prevents this, improvise with your imagination and do your best.
Kneel or sit on the ground and curl yourself into a little ball. You might hunch your shoulders over and drop your arms into your lap or use them to grab your knees, or place your forehead on the ground in the yoga child pose. Whatever you do,let your mind and body relax.
Now imagine that you are a tiny seed, cradled safely within the nourishing soil of the earth. You are warm, safe and deeply rested. Rain has activated you, and you can feel the possibility of life within you.
One finger begins to stretch, like the tendril of a small vine. Feel the energy of waking up begin to course through you. Feel yourself wanting to grow.
Slowly allow your arms to move and stretch. As your arms move like the shoots from a small seed seeking sunlight, all ow your shoulders and the rest of your body to gently rise, until you find yourself standing, or in an upright seated position.
Keep stretching upwards, swaying and reaching for the sky. Let the energy of growth completely fill you. Take some deep breaths and allow yourself to connect to the life force of earth, water, sun and air. When you’re ready, open your eyes.
Sit in this energy a little longer and be open to any thoughts, images or ideas that come.
Finally, shake out your arms and legs, take six breaths deep into your belly, letting your body relax completely.
Now you’re ready to write!
You can choose any or all of the questions below. Some will be asked as traditional questions, and some are sentences that give you a place to start by leaving a space for you to complete that sentence.
I suggest going with what resonates and repels for a good balance. Write as much or as little as you need. It could be three words or three pages. Spread it out over a week, or spend a solid hour or two over one day – it’s up to you!
If you’re using a crystal, hold it in your non-writing hand, or place it in your lap or pocket. Feel free to get yourself a beverage, or to sit in a coffee shop while you do this. Enjoy the process!
Let a feeling of gentle excitement and possibility dwell with you this week as we start pulling things together. Your writing and your ideas will begin to start forming shapes and directions. You’ll be at the edge of clarity.
After the rain we can see everything in a kinder light. We accept what is, and may even begin to see some beauty where before we found none.
Ready? Let’s go!
Talking about Endings:
- I’ve decided that I no longer want to…
- I’m actually okay with letting go of…
- I suddenly see that holding onto _______ is not doing me any favours because________
- It’s okay for me to stop doing…
- I’m going to simplify my life by finishing…
- The person I still need to forgive is….
- The thing I still need to forgive myself for is….
- The dream I’ve outgrown is…
- I need to stop…
- By the end of this year I’ll finalise…
- I don’t need to do it all myself! I’m going to delegate or get help with…
- The biggest project I need to get done is…
- The fastest project I can finish and put behind me is…
- The project or situation I am procrastinating about the most is…
- In 2014 I’m going to wrap up and complete…
- Even though it’s challenging for me, I know I need to start…
- The dream that is dearest to me and that scares me the most is…
- A tangible step I can take toward that dream is _____________ and I could start __________
- I need to acknowledge that the strength inside me I most take for granted is…
- I’m really good at…
- I’ve always wanted to work at…
- My heart is yearning to…
- In 2015 I’d be excited to…
- I’ve decided that instead of seeing these parts of me as a flaw or a weakness, I’m going to embrace and acknowledge my _________
- My 2015 support crew will include…
- What holiday could I plan for myself that I will really look forward to?
- What new thing would I like to learn in 2015?
- What small adventures or outings will gladden my heart?
- How can I make myself feel more beautiful for 2015?
- To what music will I dance, create and grow? What can be the soundtrack of my life for 2015?
You may also find it useful to listen to this simple guided meditation for Abundance and Blessings:
Do pop over to our facebook page this week. There will be some rune guidance for you. I’ll be giving away some lovely surprises and there will also be an online party next Friday evening (14th Nov – Brisbane time) where I’ll be available to answer your questions and have some fun!
Big hugs to you and lots of love, Nicole xx