“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
~ Melody Beattie
Take a moment and close your eyes. Can you hear your heart beating? Can you feel the blood pumping around your body, racing oxygen and nutrients to your cells? Can you feel the muscles holding your spine, neck and head in position, are you aware of your hair and fingernails growing, can you notice the millions of commands that are given each minute from that command centre that is your brain?
Your body is like a miniature Universe, with wonders far beyond your comprehension. But don’t feel disconnected from that Universe that is your body. You have more power over it than you know.
Imagine sucking a lemon. Go on! See yourself select a fresh lemon from a basket. As you hold it in your hand you feel the waxy clean skin. As you cut into the fruit the fresh lemony smell fills the room. Now in your imagination bite down on a tart quarter of the bright fruit. Imagine the astringent lemon juice flood over your tongue – sour and strong. Feel how your lips pucker, and the saliva streams into your mouth. Your eyes might even water a little.
I’ll bet as you read that your mouth actually started to water, and that you may have even swallowed or winced a little at the expectation of sourness.
You have influenced your body with your mind alone. That’s how powerful you are! Think of the implications of the thoughts you have every day and how they must consciously or unconsciously affect your body. We are never without power in our own healing journey…
One of the most healing and healthy thoughts you can gift your body is gratitude.
Counting Our Blessings and Using our Gratitude Rock
If you need a detailed reminder of our daily process, you can review it here in Day 1 of the Gratitude Challenge.
- List five Blessings in your journal, explaining why you are grateful for each one.
- Count your Blessings off on your fingers, summoning positive emotion and saying Thank You from your heart for each one.
- Think of an area where you would like to improve your health and wellbeing. Take a piece of paper and write Thank you for the Gift of _____________ in my life. Imagine that you already have this gift of health. Really feel that positive energy in your heart. Now place your healing request under your Gratitude Rock.
- Tonight before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock and affirm I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Visualise one thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe, then imagine a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
- Still holding your Gratitude Rock, bless your fellow travellers on this Gratitude Journey by sending them golden light, and saying Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance. Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
If all you do today is these five steps, know that is enough.
For those of you who’d like an additional challenge, here it is!
Flood Your Body with Light
Today I’ve created a short guided meditation for you, to facilitate your own body’s natural healing process. All you have to do is listen. Allow about ten minutes for you to get settled, to listen to the meditation, and then to rest in that gentle healing energy a while afterwards.
Know that the capacity to heal is within you. Find ways to be grateful for your body today, and grateful for the knowledge that you DO have power in your own healing journey. Bless ♥ xx