All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
~ T.E. Lawrence
Throughout history, there have been souls who have dared to dream big, and who have acted with great courage to follow their dreams, even when the outcome was not assured, even when they themselves feared failure but still were compelled to try.
When men and women have acted this way, on faith and passion alone, driven by a commitment to that dream, they have often changed history.
Once upon a time, it was considered clinically and physically impossible for humans to run a mile in under four minutes. Roger Bannister broke through that barrier on May 6, 1954 with a run time of 3 minutes 59.4 seconds. Within weeks others had broken the four-minute-mile too. All it had taken was one man who believed it was possible…
Oscar Pistorius was born without fibulas, and had both legs amputated between the knees and ankles at eleven months of age. A few days ago he made history as the first double amputee to compete against able-bodied athletes at the London Olympics, reaching the Quarter Finals in the 400m.
Whenever someone has gone before us, their actions create space for us to join them at that leading edge of life.
An important question to ask yourself right now is Who is already doing what I want to be doing with my life?
Isaac Newton, one of the greatest scientists, inventors and mathematicians in history, stated that ‘if he could see further, it was because he stood on the shoulders of giants’. What he meant by that was that he built his success on the efforts and ideas of those who had preceded him.
Look inside your heart. What is that dream of yours? A soul mate? Financial security? Your own business? A career vastly different to what you’re doing now? Success as a healer, artist, musician, writer?
Having gratitude for those who have already done or who are doing the thing you would like to do brings you into stronger alignment with that energy, making you magnetic to opportunities, ideas, resources and teachers.
Here are a few of the people I am grateful for:
When we focus on appreciation and gratitude, we move ourselves out of resistance and back into flow. And in flow, all things are possible…
So let’s start with our daily practice:
Counting Our Blessings and Using our Gratitude Rock
If you need a detailed reminder of our daily process, you can review it here in Day 1 of the Gratitude Challenge.
- List five Blessings in your journal, explaining why you are grateful for each one.
- Count your Blessings off on your fingers, summoning positive emotion and saying Thank You from your heart for each one.
- Find a picture of someone you admire, who already has the energy of something in their lives that you would like for yourself. If you can’t find their picture, write their name on a piece of paper. Now write on that image or piece of paper Thank You, insert their name here, for your success with list that thing. I’m so happy and excited for you. I believe that you are paving the way for me too. With your great example I am moving closer and closer to my own dreams every day. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
- Tonight before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock and affirm I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Visualise one thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe, then imagine a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
- Still holding your Gratitude Rock, bless your fellow travellers on this Gratitude Journey by sending them golden light, and saying Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance. Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
If all you do today is these five steps, know that is enough.
Want to join me for today’s Gratitude Challenge? If so, here it is:
Thank You for being You, because that makes it easier for Me to be Me!
Think of something you would like to have in your life – big or small – all that matters is that you have a genuine desire for this thing.
Now think of someone who provides a great example of already having that energy in their lives. For example, if you want to be an athlete, choose an athlete (from now or any time in history) who displays the talents and success you admire and would like to experience.
Take a moment and really focus on their life, and on the qualities and experiences you would like to see more of in your own daily world. Build an energy of appreciation and gratitude for their choices and their success. When you’re ready say Thank You for showing me my dream is possible! I value you, and I appreciate you. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
Then spend a pleasant few minutes daydreaming, and imagining that you already have this thing in your life. What are you doing? How do you feel? How does your life look?
Savour this energy as though your dream has been achieved. Feel it in your heart, your mind, your body. Let yourself overflow with positive energy and gratitude. Know that as you are thinking about this thing, you are becoming more and more aligned with it. When you’re ready, say Thank You, Universe, for this gift of _____________. I am so very grateful for ______________. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. Swell that energy up in your heart, and mean the words with every fibre of your BEing.
Your positive thoughts and energy are creating huge change in your life. Trust! Believe!
All is well. ♥ xx