“All healing is first a healing of the heart.” ~ Carl Townsend
“Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you – all of the expectations, all of the beliefs – and becoming who you are.” ~ Rachel Naomi Remen
This 30 Day Gratitude Challenge is actually a healing journey. By practicing daily gratitude we begin to erase old beliefs about lack and limitation, we over-write negative thought patterns and we learn to focus on what is good and positive in the world around us. This aligns us with energies that bring greater good into our lives.
Something magical starts to happen when we focus on gratitude.
Every minute spent in gratitude is one minute less to spend on worry. It is impossible to be in that place of appreciation and at the same time feel anxious or stressed.
And when we stop being in the energy of stress and anxiety, even if just for a brief window of time, we allow our bodies, hearts and minds the chance to heal, and to become attuned to our nature rhythms and desires.
We begin to draw to us all manner of support, opportunity and flow. We step into abundance.
Let’s build up some more of that attitude of gratitude with our daily practice…
Counting Our Blessings and Using our Gratitude Rock
If you need a detailed reminder of our daily process, you can review it here in Day 1 of the Gratitude Challenge.
- List five Blessings in your journal, explaining why you are grateful for each one.
- Count your Blessings off on your fingers, summoning positive emotion and saying Thank You from your heart for each one.
- Write the following words on a piece of paper and add them to the ones already under your Gratitude Rock (and trust that I have a plan for these pieces of paper!): I now gratefully receive the fullness of the Blessings sent to me by friends both known and unknown. I am open to the Abundance of the Universe and I welcome it into my Life. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
- Tonight before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock and affirm I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Visualise one thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe, then imagine a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
- Still holding your Gratitude Rock, bless your fellow travellers on this Gratitude Journey by sending them golden light, and saying Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance. Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here.
- Hold your Gratitude Rock up to your heart, close your eyes and feel the energy, love and blessings that have been sent by others now flowing into you. You might feel this as warmth, or a positive surge of emotion. You might connect with it as a healing or a spiritual energy, or you might just feel gratitude. Pay attention to any colours, images, or messages you receive. When you are done, place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
If all you do today is these six steps, know that is enough.
Want to join me for today’s Gratitude Challenge? If so, here it is:
Thank You for Uplifting Me!
Take five minutes and sit quietly. Close your eyes, and bring onto the screen of your mind the face of a person who has been helpful, kind or loving to you in some way. Bless them with love and energy by flowing that feel-good feeling from your heart to theirs. Say Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to them, and know that energetically, they can hear and feel your gratitude.
Continue to imagine the faces of people who have helped you, even if they are people you have never met in person, even if some of them are no longer alive. It could be a teacher from your childhood, the author of a book that changed you, someone who stopped to help you change a flat tyre… You don’t even need to know their name, or to be able to recall their face clearly. Think of the other people on this Gratitude Challenge who are sending you love, energy and support each day. Thank them for uplifting you. Thank them for contributing positive energy to your life.
If you feel drawn to it, shower sparkles of radiant light and love down upon the planet – spreading your gratitude like a gorgeous field of golden flowers.
“I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” ~ Edward Everett Hale
Today I give thanks for you. Today I wish for you health, love and happiness. Today I wish that all your dreams come true, and that new dreams follow. I send you Love. I send you Light. I send you Peace in your Heart. Bless ♥ xx