“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
~ George Bernard Shaw
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive ~ Howard Thurman.
Life is not a career path! Life is a glorious opportunity to explore, to grow, to learn and to become.
No matter whether our lives currently reflect the way we want to live, or whether we have a long way to go to realise our dreams, we can begin to be happy where we are.
The more we find to be grateful for, the more good stuff starts to show up in our lives. Transforming our energy and our attitude is as simple as cultivating that attitude of gratitude.
If you were to ask me what your purpose was for this lifetime, I could answer this in just two words – Be Happy.
If you needed a longer explanation, then I would say to you that happiness comes from using your natural talents and gifts to express yourself in the world. Maybe your talent is to be a surgeon, maybe it’s to sew incredible curtains, you might be a natural parent, a brilliant writer, a nutty inventor, or a magical gardener.
In each twenty-four hour period, are you devoting ANY energy to doing things you enjoy and are good at?
Life doesn’t have to be a career path, although for some people it turns out that way. Sometimes a job is just the mechanism that provides the security and pays the bills, so that you can devote the rest of your time to doing what really makes your heart sing.
What makes your heart sing? What makes you come alive?
Today, give thanks for those energies in your life, and do all you can to incorporate a little more of that activity on a daily or weekly basis.
And for some people, the thing we love and give attention to, grows to be able to support us financially anyway…
Now let’s build up some more of that delicious attitude of gratitude with our regular practice…
Counting Our Blessings and Using our Gratitude Rock
If you need a detailed reminder of our daily process, you can review it here in Day 1 of the Gratitude Challenge.
- List five Blessings in your journal, explaining why you are grateful for each one.
- Count your Blessings off on your fingers, summoning positive emotion and saying Thank You from your heart for each one.
- Choose from one of the following phrases, write the words on a piece of paper and add them to the ones already under your Gratitude Rock : I embrace my passion. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. ~ My dreams are becoming clear to me. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. ~ I am open to happiness and flow. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. ~ I understand that I deserve to be happy. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
- Tonight before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock and affirm I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Visualise one thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe, then imagine a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
- Still holding your Gratitude Rock, bless your fellow travellers on this Gratitude Journey by sending them golden light, and saying Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance. Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here.
If all you do today is these five steps, know that is enough.
Today’s gratitude challenge is about energising yourself to actions, activities and opportunities for you to feel good…
Close your eyes, and think of a time when you were really happy in your life. What were you doing? What music did you listen to? What food did you eat? Who did you hang out with? What was it about this time in your life that made it so magical?
Dwell on that time for a moment, and really feel the happiness, really feel that strong emotional connection and positive energy. Then build up a sense of gratitude in your heart. Say a heart-felt Thank You to the Universe for the Blessing of happiness.
Now think of an activity that always engages you, relaxes you, makes you feel good… It could be surfing, sewing, singing, writing, cooking, dancing, bushwalking, researching the family tree, painting or renovating, solving complex maths problems… It doesn’t matter what it is – it only matters that you enjoy that thing!
See yourself doing that activity. Feel the pleasure and satisfaction, feel the usefulness, feel the mental engagement or the sense of freedom. Just absorb yourself in thinking about this activity in a pleasurable way, so that it leaves you wanting more. Remember to say Thank You to the Universe for this gift in your life.
And when you’re done with day-dreaming, take your diary and schedule a little time for reconnecting with this activity in your life. Plan to buy fabric, or go to the library and get a relevant book, or make some time to simply DO this thing in your life. Just for the love of it. Just for how it makes you feel. Life is for living, and for enjoying the journey. Make sure you make time to do something that you LOVE.
Bless ♥ xx