“What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us.” ~ Julia Cameron
“Money is usually attracted, not pursued.” ~ Jim Rohn
Money is not wealth. Some of my most affluent clients do not have wealth- they just have bucket-loads of money.
So what is wealth? Wealth is a measure of your true state of abundance. Wealth is having a richness that supports your value system. What we value is what is important to us – what gives us pleasure, satisfaction, meaning and contentment. If your highest values in life are family and community, then your wealth will come from having a life filled with family and community-centred energies, activities and relationships. If your highest values in life are financial security and travel, then a wealthy life for you will be about money in the bank, investments and having the money to take vacations away from home.
Money is just energy. Money is neither good nor bad – money is neutral until we put a charge on it based upon our own beliefs and attitudes. A dollar note has no value in and of itself – a dollar note is simply a convenient form of energy storage. In fact, inside our bank accounts we don’t even have real money – instead we have numbers that represent the dollars that represent stored energy.
If you have positive beliefs about money, and respect for the value of the stored energy it represents, you’ll have a healthy and positive relationship to money. If you have negative beliefs about money, or about the sort of people who have money, then you’ll find that you and money don’t get along so well…
Today, spend some time thinking about what makes you feel wealthy. Let go of needing to have money. Let go of judging wealth by the numbers in your bank account. Forget the stereotyped images of what being rich is supposed to look like – mansions and mega-yachts won’t make you happy if they have no place in your value system. Focus on that luxurious feeling of abundance that is generated by having enough of what you want and some to spare.
For me, wealth is about having true friendships and people I love gathered around my kitchen table. Wealth is about having time for myself, and time to do the things I love. Wealth for me is having enough money to cover my expenses, and to be able to buy things based on wanting and appreciating them versus buying things because I can afford them. I feel wealthy when I am giving and receiving love, engaging with my art, using my talents and gifts, and contributing to community.
What does true wealth look like for you? (If it is mansions and mega-yachts, good for you, but as the old adage says be careful what you wish for!)
When we fill our life with the things that make us happy we are wealthy beyond measure! One way to get more of that good stuff in our lives is being thankful for what we already have. Let’s start by counting our Blessings…
Counting Our Blessings and Using our Gratitude Rock
If you need a detailed reminder of our daily process, you can review it here in Day 1 of the Gratitude Challenge.
- List five Blessings in your journal, explaining why you are grateful for each one.
- Count your Blessings off on your fingers, summoning positive emotion and saying Thank You from your heart for each one.
- Write the following words on a piece of paper, feeling the truth of this energy in your heart, and add this paper to the ones already under your Gratitude Rock : My life is filled with riches. I have an abundance of all that is good and precious to me. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
- Tonight before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock and affirm I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Visualise one thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe, then imagine a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
- Still holding your Gratitude Rock, bless your fellow travellers on this Gratitude Journey by sending them golden light, and saying Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance. Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here.
If all you do today is these five steps, know that is enough.
Today’s gratitude challenge is about showing the Universe what we want our lives to look like…
What we think about and thank about, we bring about!
Whatever we think about and add strong emotion to, we begin to draw into our lives. When we are grateful for the blessings we already have or have had in our lives, our thoughts and emotions align us to these experiences and relationships, and we become magnetic to other positive things with a similar vibration.
Sit back and close your eyes and then just allow yourself to daydream, focusing on experiences, relationships or possessions that give you a sense of wealth in your life. Think of the places you’ve been, the weather you’ve known, the things around your home, the people in your life, the treasures within your community (sports fields, coffee shops, libraries, hospitals etc) You can use any of the things you have already listed in your gratitude diary, you can choose any moment from along the timeline of your life, and you can even move forward into the future, visualising positive situations that have not yet occurred but that you desire for yourself. Steep yourself in this wealth. Let its images wash over you, and sink deep into you.
Feel how many amazing blessings have already graced your life. Let that feeling of wealth, gratitude and joy build up inside you. Know that you are magnetising yourself to more and more good with this energy of appreciation. When you are ready give a heart felt Thank You to the Universe. Thank You for my Abundant Wealth. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
My wish for you today is that you know how Loved and Blessed you are. My wish for you is that you see the world today through eyes of Gratitude and Love. Bless ♥ xx