“We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” ~ Mary Dunbar
If there is one thing I have learned in this lifetime, it is this: When I love myself, when I am kind to myself and encouraging of myself, healing happens, doors open and life falls into place.
One of the singular most powerful acts you can perform that will transform your life is to have gratitude for YOURSELF.
Appreciate your own efforts, acknowledge your work and your growth, be gentle with yourself when you fail, and praise yourself when you pick yourself back up.
When we treat ourselves with love and respect, we are sending a strong message to the Universe – what we give out is what we attract back into our life. By respecting and loving ourselves, we attract respectful and loving relationships.
Do I need to add that by running ourselves down, selling ourselves short, heaping criticism upon ourselves, berating and blaming ourselves – we attract negative, exploitive and abusive relationships at home and at work?
There is only one you in the whole of creation and there will never be another soul with your unique blend of DNA, thoughts and experiences.
You bring something special to the Universe.
This life is a great gift, and your existence is no accident…
YOU – your unique talents and your very life are Blessings. It’s true that this can be a challenging perspective at first, but I promise that the more you look at yourself through eyes of love and gratitude the more satisfying your life will become.
Today, think kind thoughts towards yourself, and cultivate an attitude of gratitude for this wonderful journey we call life!
Counting Our Blessings and Using our Gratitude Rock
If you need a detailed reminder of our daily process, you can review it here in Day 1 of the Gratitude Challenge.
- List five Blessings in your journal, explaining why you are grateful for each one.
- Count your Blessings off on your fingers, summoning positive emotion and saying Thank You from your heart for each one.
- Write the following words on a piece of paper, feeling the truth of this energy in your heart, and add this paper to the ones already under your Gratitude Rock : My life is a Blessing, and I am ready to share my unique talents and gifts with the World. I am grateful for my Life. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
- Tonight before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock and affirm I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Visualise one thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe, then imagine a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
- Still holding your Gratitude Rock, bless your fellow travellers on this Gratitude Journey by sending them golden light, and saying Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance. Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here.
If all you do today is these five steps, know that is enough.
But if you’re ready for a little more, why not join me for today’s gratitude challenge?
Go find some quiet place with a mirror. Stand or sit in front of it and close your eyes. Think about your body for a moment. Think of how it always works to serve you – so much going on inside you to keep you well and healthy – your body always doing its best for you. Think of the gift of your mind – that ability to think, imagine, learn, visualise, problem-solve and create. Think of your heart’s ability to connect, to care, to love. Think of your Soul’s wisdom. You truly are amazing. Really swell that sense of gratitude for all that you are, and feel it building in your heart.
When you’re ready, open your eyes. Look into your own eyes in the mirror and say I Love You, You are Enough. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.
It’s okay if this is difficult. It’s okay if you feel emotional. Just allow for some space in your understanding to know that it is true.
Today I honour you. Thank you for being you. Bless ♥ xx