“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
“In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.”
~ Gordon B. Hinckley
“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching”
~ Gerard Way
Welcome to Week Three of my Letter Writing Challenge. For six weeks, every Monday, I am posting a theme and ideas, and asking you to pen a short (or long!) letter to someone, and then pop it in the post or otherwise deliver it to them.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Your favourite pen or writing implement
- Writing paper, cards or postcards
- A small crystal or stone
- Between five and thirty minutes each week to sit down and write your letter.
Are you ready? Let’s go!
Read the instructions through once, and then complete the activity.
This Week’s Theme : Your Choice From The Lucky Dip!
Start by holding your crystal or stone in your hands. Close your eyes, and build an energy of gratitude in your heart. Feel your heart swell with emotion. Pour that energy of gratitude into the crystal and then continue to sit in meditation for a minute or two longer. Open your heart and ask that you be guided and inspired by one of the Lucky Dip choices today.
When you’re ready, read through the Lucky Dip choices and choose the one to which you are most attracted:
Now take out your paper and pen and write that card or letter.
You could use a note card, a postcard, or a piece of paper. Go with what feels right to you.
Here are your Lucky Dip choices:
- An Invitation: It could be for a party, dinner, Sunday lunch, a picnic in the backyard, a walk at the beach, a shopping trip, a cup of tea in the cubby house, a trip to your favourite yum cha place, or a coffee in your local cafe. You might write just one, or many.
- A Love Letter: Yep, that’s right. A letter to your darling. It’s really up to you what you write – it could be its own kind of invitation 🙂 or a list of all the things you love about your partner, it could be an outpouring of poetry and romance, or even words cut from papers and magazines and sent by a secret admirer.
- A Newsy Catch-Up: for a relative, friend, or someone you haven’t seen for a while, like a neighbour from next door in the street where you grew up. Include photographs or anything else that feels good to you. Fill them in on what’s been happening in your life.
- A Love Letter to Your Future Soul Mate: This is the letter that sets your intent to the Universe and invites your soul mate into your life, that tells them all about you and your hopes and dreams, and also what you are looking for in your new love. If possible, place this letter in a pink envelope and then place it in a drawer in your bedroom, or taped inside the back of your diary!
- A Funny Story: A letter to make someone laugh and to brighten their day. It could include a joke, a tale that will make them smile, or some silly thing you saw or did that reminded you of this person or that they might appreciate.
When your letter is finished, post it off, hand deliver it, or leave it where you know it will be found and read.
Life is for sharing the adventure. This week your letter will help you to do that.
Lots of love, Nicole xx
PS: If you want to share what you’ve done, pop over to our facebook page and say hi, and share away!
Missed the start of the Challenge?
You can go back and catch up here: