“Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.”
~ Marvin J. Ashton
Chakras are simply energy centers within and around the body.
Today we are looking at the energy centre within you that you can draw on right now to help others or to shine your light in the world.
Just follow the instructions below to learn more.
Take ten minutes, sit quietly on your own, and answer these as truthfully as you can. These answers are just for you. No-one else will see them. Write them down. Let the answers stay with you. Write as little or as much as you need.
- What areas of your life always seem to work well?
- What activities always make you feel happy or content?
Pick the colour that most appeals to you,
1. Green – Heart Chakra
2. Yellow – Solar Plexus Chakra
3. Purple – Third Eye Chakra
4. Red – Base Chakra
5. White – Crown Chakra
6. Sky Blue – Throat Chakra
7. Orange – Sacral Chakra
The colour you have chosen represents the chakra that you can work with right now that supports your natural talents and gifts. The activities below will nurture that chakra, helping the energy of your chakra to stay strong and in flow.
- Green – Green corresponds to our Heart Chakra, our centre for Love and Emotional Expression. Choose one of the following activities to support your Sacral Chakra today: *give or receive a heart-to-heart hug *forgive yourself *forgive someone else *make contact with someone you miss *declare your love *be kind to yourself *meet loved ones for a shared meal *plan an outing or holiday with friends or family *worship or give thanks in a way that is meaningful to you *celebrate your life by doing something that makes you happy *donate or volunteer *smile and be kind *spend time with your pets *seek help from a therapist if you are stuck in grief, loss or anger *place flowers by your bed or desk *treat yourself to a haircut or manicure *buy one small thing that makes your feel good and nurtures your soul
- Yellow – Yellow corresponds to our Solar Plexus Chakra, our I AM centre for anchoring our personal authority and sense of self. Choose one of the following activities to support your Solar Plexus Chakra today: *say yes to something you want *say no to something you don’t want *affirm your boundaries *choose to speak positively about yourself and others *create a life plan or a business plan *make a decision in an area where you’ve been procrastinating *take some time for a solo adventure – even if that’s just a cup of coffee on your own in a new place, or ten minutes exploring an interesting store *find yourself a coach or mentor who believes in you *make a dream board
- Purple – Purple corresponds to our Third Eye Chakra, our centre for Spiritual Insight and Life Vision. Choose one of the following activities to support your Third Eye Chakra today: *spend some time giving yourself an oracle or tarot reading, or visit someone who does these *visualise yourself having, doing or being something that is a life goal for you *make plans for the future *take a walk in bright sunshine or moonlight * burn some incense *journal your problems and consider solutions *meditate *play with your favourite crystals *give or receive energy healing *take a nap *have an early night *do something that stimulates your imagination
- Red – Red corresponds to our Base Chakra, our centre for Safety, Security and Abundance. Choose one of the following activities to support your Base Chakra today: *go for a walk *take a hike in nature *stand barefoot on the ground *participate in a team sport *create a sacred altar at home with some items that are meaningful to you *declutter or give your home or work space a tidy *spend quality time with your loved ones *pay a bill with an attitude of gratitude *start a savings account towards a meaningful outcome *plan a romantic interlude or enjoy one today *go dancing
- White – White corresponds to our Crown Chakra, our centre for Spiritual Connection and Higher Purpose. Choose one of the following activities to support your Crown Chakra today: *meditate *go for a long walk *take time to sit quietly in nature *journal and work with your oracle cards *have a crystal or reiki healing *pray or visit a temple, church, mosque or sacred site *rest or take some quite time for yourself *book into a spiritual course or yoga retreat *stretch your body *read a book *take a course to build your knowledge
- Sky Blue – Sky Blue corresponds to our Throat Chakra, our centre for Communication and Speaking Our Truth. Choose one of the following activities to support your Throat Chakra today: *sing – in the car or the shower or just in your lounge room *phone a friend *sign up for a course *write a letter *join a social or online group with common interests *begin planning a course you will teach or a book you will write *try laughter yoga *listen to music *make music *do anything that makes you deeply relaxed
- Orange – Orange corresponds to our Sacral Chakra, our centre for Creativity and Sensuality. Choose one of the following activities to support your Sacral Chakra today: *enjoy a massage *have an aromatherapy bath or diffuse some oils *watch a movie *listen to music *go to a gallery *make some art *write *work on a favourite project *explore a new part of town *go to a new cafe or store
Choosing your Daily Oracle Card:
Use your favourite oracle or tarot deck to give you some intuitive guidance. If you don’t have access to a deck, the following web pages will allow you to choose a daily oracle card online:
Online Oracle Cards:
Colette Baron Reid’s Oracles – choose a deck, and then choose your card
Doreen Virtue’s Oracles – scroll down to the part of the page that says ‘Get your Reading’ and then choose the Simple Reading one card option
Take a favourite stone or crystal, and complete this short guided meditation:
Hold your stone in your cupped hands, close your eyes, and slow your breathing. Bring white light into your body until you feel peaceful and calm. Then bring white light into the crystal too. Allow yourself to connect to the stone. You may feel it tingle, or visualise a colour in your mind’s eye. When you are ready, open your eyes. Keep your stone near you, and hold it when you write.
Choose the question below that corresponds to the chakra you have chosen:
- Green – Heart – How can I use my ability to love, care and support in the world?
- Yellow – Solar Plexus – How can I use what I know to guide or lead others?
- Purple – Third Eye – How can I use my imagination or skills as a visionary in positive ways?
- Red – Base – How can I help others to build a strong foundation?
- White – Crown – How can best I use my intuitive wisdom and my problem-solving ability in service to others?
- Sky Blue – Throat – How can I best use my gift for expression and communication to bring clarity, justice or joy?
- Orange – Sacral Chakra – Which creative idea or project is best for me to work on right now?
Now shuffle your cards, thinking about the colour and chakra you have chosen today. Silently ask the question to yourself that corresponds to the chakra you have chosen.
When you have shuffled the cards and they feel ‘done’, select just one card. How you choose that card is up to you. You can split the deck. You could take the top or bottom card. You could fan the cards out and take one from the array.
Place the card face up in front of you.
Clear your mind by closing your eyes and taking one deep breath in and then out. Open your eyes again. Take a minute and look at the picture on the oracle or tarot card.
What stands out for you? Is it an image or a colour? Is it a number or a word? What are your first impressions?
Write these down in your journal.
Now let’s go a little deeper. What feelings or words does this card evoke in your mind when you think about the card and its images in relation to your question. Take five minutes and just write some stream-of-consciousness thoughts down. Don’t censor or judge them. Trust the process.
Finally, read back over what you have written.
Expect that more insights may come up for you during the day. Write anything important down in your journal so that you can continue to reflect upon it.
See you tomorrow! Lots of love, Nicole xx