“It was when I stopped searching for home within others and lifted the foundations of home within myself I found there were no roots more intimate than those between a mind and body that have decided to be whole.”
~ Rupi Kaur
Hello, and welcome to Week One of our Chakra Journal Challenge!
Every Tuesday in March and April I will post a Journal Challenge for you, based upon a journey through the main chakras. You don’t need to know anything about journalling, chakras, crystals, oracle cards or energy work. I’ll explain everything that you need to do each week. Then you’ll have a week to complete the simple activities I share.
If you’re only just joining us please go back and read my Orientation Post first.
About the Feet Chakras
The foot chakras are located in the soles of your foot, right about where your foot arches. The colour associated with the chakras in the feet is a rich orangey-brown colour, like terracotta.
Your feet chakras anchor you into the healing and calming energies of the earth, and help you to stay centred in your body. When your feet chakras are open and connected you’ll feel at home in yourself and at peace with the world.
I’ve added a number of activities to help you with your feet chakras, as this is one of the energy centres most blocked in people.
Each week of this nine week challenge will follow the same format:
- We will begin with the short guided meditation for the week, using your guidance stone. During this meditation you’ll be given a colour to work with for the week, and a word or phrase.
- We will choose an oracle card to give us inspiration and direction for the week ahead.
- We will spend ten minutes (or more if desired!) to complete our weekly journal prompt.
- We will give ourselves healing energy at least once this week.
- We will spend a few moments at the end of our day in gratitude.
You’ll need ten minutes to listen to this short guided meditation. Feel free to hold your crystal while you meditate. When the meditation is complete, write down your power colour and your power word or phrase for the week in your journal.
Now answer the following questions, writing as little or as much as you need:
- What does your Power Colour mean to you? What words or ideas does it provoke? Write them down. Then use that colour to boost your energy. Shut your eyes for thirty seconds and breathe it into your body whenever you feel a bit flat or low. Wear it as clothing. Choose flowers in your colour. Eat food that colour. Be creative with it.
- How can you use your Power Word this week? Write a few ideas, based on your word. Trust whatever comes and write it down. Don’t overthink it.
Want to go deeper with your journalling? Try these additional prompts. Write the beginning of the sentence and then keep going, using stream of consciousness. Do one or all of them. You’ll be amazed what you might discover about yourself!
- When I connect into the energy of my foot chakras it makes me strong to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my foot chakras it makes me scared to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my foot chakras it makes me curious to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my foot chakras it makes me excited to think that…
Your Chakra Card For The Week:
Take your chosen oracle or tarot cards, offer up a small prayer that whatever you do be for your Highest Good, and then shuffle the deck. As you’re shuffling, ask the question ‘What wisdom do my Feet Chakras have for me this week?’ Say it out loud or hold it as a thought in your head. Either will work.
Choose one card. How you choose is up to you. Split the deck. Fan them out. Top or bottom. Dive right in. There is no right or wrong.
Now look at your card and hold your guidance stone in your non-writing hand. Really look at the card. Don’t use the book or the ‘proper’ meaning. We are being intuitive here, people! What stands out for you in the picture? What thoughts and ideas do the images provoke? Take a minute or two and write those thoughts down. I know, you might feel like you’re just making it all up. That’s okay. Write anyway. Trust that there is a part of you that is wise and that has been waiting for this chance to speak with your conscious mind.
Here’s an example of my first pages, just to give you an idea of what we’ll be doing:
Hands On Healing:
These simple steps can help you to unblock and activate the chakras in your feet. If you are short on time, completing Step 7 is enough. But if you have a little more nurture time available to you, try the entire ritual:
- Take a large tub of warm water and place a number of smooth stones or tumbled crystals in the bottom. Place your bare feet in the water and roll your feet over the stones until they feel energised. I like to use a variety of crystals that work with each of the major chakras so that I have a rainbow of colour. But I always advise you just to use what you are drawn to. Trust that your own soul knows best what it is you need.
- Dry your feet and then stand barefoot upon the earth. Look down at your feet and visualise the chakra in the sole of your foot spinning and opening and energetically connecting into the energy of the Earth. Really allow yourself to feel this connection.
- Shake the tension out of your hands, loosen your shoulders and give your body a good energetic shake out.
- Now raise your arms up to the sky and draw the energy of the sun and the moon and the stars down in through your hands and the top of your head.
- Draw the energy of the earth up through your feet. Feel strong like a well grounded tree, roots deep down into the earth.
- Have all of the energy meet at your heart; healing, balancing and empowering your entire body.
- Finally, nurture and nourish your foot chakras and help anchor that grounded energy by rubbing a few drops of pure sesame oil into the soles of your feet. Sesame oil also helps us open to abundance and to be comfortable with flow and positive manifestation. Rub your hands together and activate your hand chakras. (Need help to do that? See last week’s post here.) Direct white light energy into your feet chakras. After you begin it is absolutely fine if you feel that you want to change the colour of the energy healing you are giving yourself. When you are finished, shake out your hands, close your eyes and sit quietly for a minute or two. Empty your mind of thoughts and just ‘be’.
Working with your foot chakras is a simple act of self nurture than can give lasting benefits and improved well-being on all levels.
The Gratitude Rock anchors positive energy and gratitude at the end of every day. You can carry your stone with you, or leave it beside your bed. At night, before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock in your hand.
As you hold the stone say to yourself: I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Then hold in your mind one or more image of a thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe. Visualise a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
Now here’s the fun bit – imagine all of the other people who are taking part in this journalling challenge with you. Once again build up a strong positive energy in your heart, and then imagine shooting a stream of golden light out into the Universe to those people.
Say Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance.Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
Win a Prize!
Come visit us over at facebook. If you like us and post a pic of your journal, crystal and cards this week on our facebook page or if you like and tag us in on your pic over at Instagram you’ll be in the running to win a cool crystal prize! Week One’s prize is a carnelian stone and a nephrite jade stone hand-chosen by me, and all juiced up from being in that recent big crystal grid on my farm. Both are beautiful stones for giving your feet chakras some love. <3 Entries close on Monday 13 March at 6pm Brisbane, Australia time. I’ll announce this week’s winner on next week’s Challenge post.
See you next week, ready to explore the second chakra in the Chakra Journal Challenge!
Love and hugs, Nicole ❤ xoxo