“The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.”
~ Maya Angelou
Hello, and welcome to Week Two of our Chakra Journal Challenge!
Every Tuesday in March and April I will post a Journal Challenge for you, based upon a journey through the main chakras. You don’t need to know anything about journalling, chakras, crystals, oracle cards or energy work. I’ll explain everything that you need to do each week. Then you’ll have a week to complete the simple activities I share.
If you’re only just joining us please go back and read my Orientation Post first. It will also list all other posts in this challenge that precede this one.
About the Base Chakra
The Base Chakra connects our Soul into the power of our physical body, helping us remain in the ‘now’ or present moment.
This chakra governs and influences our ability to feel ‘at home’ and safe in our bodies and the wider world. It connects us to our tribe – our family, lovers and friends.
It enables us to be grounded and calm, emotionally and physically strong and stable. It allows us to be in the flow of abundance, to meet our needs, to be secure, and to flourish financially, emotionally, and physically. It is where all of our beliefs about money and the ability to support ourself resides. It allows us to be confident, self-assured, purposeful and practical. It gives us our ‘fire’. It governs our elimination and the ‘letting go’ of what no longer serves us. It enables us to be decisive, connected and empowered. It balances and ignites our masculine and feminine energies.
The Base Chakra is situated between your legs at the base of your pubic area, and it points down towards the ground. The colour of the Base Chakra is a bright, vibrant red.
Each week of this nine week challenge will follow the same format:
- We will begin with the short guided meditation for the week, using your guidance stone. During this meditation you’ll be given a colour to work with for the week, and a word or phrase.
- We will choose an oracle card to give us inspiration and direction for the week ahead.
- We will spend ten minutes (or more if desired!) to complete our weekly journal prompt.
- We will give ourselves healing energy at least once this week.
- We will spend a few moments at the end of our day in gratitude.
You’ll need twelve minutes to listen to this short guided meditation. Feel free to hold your crystal while you meditate. When the meditation is complete, write down your power colour and your power word or phrase for the week in your journal.
Note: I apologise for the background noise in this meditation. I recorded it here in the Philippines where I am currently at a conference. This was my seventh effort, and I just couldn’t find a place anywhere that was perfectly quiet. I’ll re-record it when I get back to Australia but for now do your best to ignore the few background distractions of voices outside my room!
To listen to the recording just press play:
Now answer the following questions, writing as little or as much as you need:
- What does your Power Colour mean to you? What words or ideas does it provoke? Write them down. Then use that colour to boost your energy. Shut your eyes for thirty seconds and breathe it into your body whenever you feel a bit flat or low. Wear it as clothing. Choose flowers in your colour. Eat food that colour. Be creative with it.
- How can you use your Power Word this week? Write a few ideas, based on your word. Trust whatever comes and write it down. Don’t overthink it.
- What other insights did you get?
Want to go deeper with your journalling? Try these additional prompts. Write the beginning of the sentence and then keep going, using stream of consciousness. Do one or all of them. You’ll be amazed what you might discover about yourself!
- When I connect into the energy of my Base Chakra it makes me strong to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Base Chakra it makes me scared to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Base Chakra it makes me curious to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Base Chakra it makes me excited to think that…
Your Chakra Card For The Week:
Take your chosen oracle or tarot cards, offer up a small prayer that whatever you do be for your Highest Good, and then shuffle the deck. As you’re shuffling, ask the question ‘What wisdom does my Base Chakra have for me this week?’ Say it out loud or hold it as a thought in your head. Either will work.
Choose one card. How you choose is up to you. Split the deck. Fan them out. Top or bottom. Dive right in. There is no right or wrong.
Now look at your card and hold your guidance stone in your non-writing hand. Really look at the card. Don’t use the book or the ‘proper’ meaning. We are being intuitive here, people! What stands out for you in the picture? What thoughts and ideas do the images provoke? Take a minute or two and write those thoughts down. I know, you might feel like you’re just making it all up. That’s okay. Write anyway. Trust that there is a part of you that is wise and that has been waiting for this chance to speak with your conscious mind.
Here’s an example of my own first pages this week, as an example:
Hands On Healing:
These simple steps can help you to unblock and activate your Base Chakra.
- Shake the tension out of your hands, loosen your shoulders and give your body a good energetic shake out.
- Lie down and make yourself comfortable.
- Activate your hand chakras by shaking your hands again and then rubbing them together a few times.
- Place your hands over your groin and direct energy into your Base Chakra. You may visualise this as bright red energy, or as your Power Colour.
- Give yourself five minutes of hands-on healing.
- It’s okay to fall asleep while doing this. Otherwise, when you are finished just lie quietly for a few more minutes to integrate the healing before shaking out your hands to finish the healing session. Be open to any thoughts or images that come to you as you rest.
The Gratitude Rock anchors positive energy and gratitude at the end of every day. You can carry your stone with you, or leave it beside your bed. At night, before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock in your hand.
As you hold the stone say to yourself: I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Then hold in your mind one or more image of a thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe. Visualise a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
Now here’s the fun bit – imagine all of the other people who are taking part in this journalling challenge with you. Once again build up a strong positive energy in your heart, and then imagine shooting a stream of golden light out into the Universe to those people.
Say Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance.Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
Win a Prize!
Last week’s winner is Lynley Forgione. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get your prize out to you!
For this week’s prize, come visit us over at facebook or Instagram. If you like us and post a picture of what home means to you tagging us with the hashtag #cauldronsandcupcakes, you’ll be in the running to win a cool crystal prize! Week Two’s prize is a rose quartz stone and a red jasper stone hand-chosen by me, and all juiced up from being in that recent big crystal grid on my farm. Both are beautiful stones for giving your base chakra some love. ❤ Entries close on Monday 20 March at 6pm Brisbane, Australia time. I’ll announce this week’s winner on next week’s Challenge post.
See you next week, ready to explore the third chakra in the Chakra Journal Challenge!
Love and hugs, Nicole ❤ xoxo