“To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.”
Hello, and welcome to Week Three of our Chakra Journal Challenge!
Every Tuesday in March and April I will post a Journal Challenge for you, based upon a journey through the main chakras. You don’t need to know anything about journalling, chakras, crystals, oracle cards or energy work. I’ll explain everything that you need to do each week. Then you’ll have a week to complete the simple activities I share.
If you’re only just joining us please go back and read my Orientation Post first.
About the Sacral Chakra
Orange corresponds to our Sacral Chakra, our centre for Creativity and Sensuality. The Sacral Chakra is located midway between our pubic bone and our belly button. It is a vibrant orange colour. This energy centre anchors us into the joys of being in a physical body and its surroundings. The Sacral Chakra is our pleasure centre, and centre for creativity in all forms, including the gift of life. When we are in flow in this chakra we are passionate, sensual, patient, creative, self-nurturing, have clear emotions and a great joy for life. We become attractive and magnetic to our desires and become natural creators and manifestors.
Out of balance in this chakra we can become workaholics, overeaters, make poor partner choices and attract ‘wrong’ partners or scare them away, we can be disconnected, shut down to pleasure, blocked creatively, and feel overly stressed and anxious.
Each week of this nine week challenge will follow the same format:
- We will begin with the short guided meditation for the week, using your guidance stone. During this meditation you’ll be given a colour to work with for the week, and a word or phrase.
- We will choose an oracle card to give us inspiration and direction for the week ahead.
- We will spend ten minutes (or more if desired!) to complete our weekly journal prompt.
- We will give ourselves healing energy at least once this week.
- We will spend a few moments at the end of our day in gratitude.
You’ll need ten minutes to listen to this short guided meditation. Feel free to hold your crystal while you meditate. When the meditation is complete, write down your power colour and your power word or phrase for the week in your journal.
Now answer the following questions, writing as little or as much as you need:
- What does your Power Colour mean to you? What words or ideas does it provoke? Write them down. Then use that colour to boost your energy. Shut your eyes for thirty seconds and breathe it into your body whenever you feel a bit flat or low. Wear it as clothing. Choose flowers in your colour. Eat food that colour. Be creative with it.
- How can you use your Power Word this week? Write a few ideas, based on your word. Trust whatever comes and write it down. Don’t overthink it.
Want to go deeper with your journalling? Try these additional prompts. Write the beginning of the sentence and then keep going, using stream of consciousness. Do one or all of them. You’ll be amazed what you might discover about yourself!
- When I connect into the energy of my Sacral Chakra it makes me strong to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Sacral Chakra it makes me scared to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Sacral Chakra it makes me curious to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Sacral Chakra it makes me excited to think that…
Your Chakra Card For The Week:
Take your chosen oracle or tarot cards, offer up a small prayer that whatever you do be for your Highest Good, and then shuffle the deck. As you’re shuffling, ask the question ‘What wisdom does my Sacral Chakra have for me this week?’ Say it out loud or hold it as a thought in your head. Either will work.
Choose one card. How you choose is up to you. Split the deck. Fan them out. Top or bottom. Dive right in. There is no right or wrong.
Now look at your card and hold your guidance stone in your non-writing hand. Really look at the card. Don’t use the book or the ‘proper’ meaning. We are being intuitive here, people! What stands out for you in the picture? What thoughts and ideas do the images provoke? Take a minute or two and write those thoughts down. I know, you might feel like you’re just making it all up. That’s okay. Write anyway. Trust that there is a part of you that is wise and that has been waiting for this chance to speak with your conscious mind.
Here’s an example of my first journal pages for the Sacral Chakra. I love the card I have drawn this week! How about you?:
Hands On Healing:
This week, let’s get some movement happening in our bodies!
- Ground your feet into the earth, barefoot on the ground if possible, feet hip width apart. Imagine your feet like tree roots anchoring you into the ground.
- Then visualise a thick ropey umbilical cord running from your belly deep down into the core of Mother Earth.
- Let your hips and lower body get strong and stable with the support of the Earth’s energy and then put your hands on your hips. Start circling your hips in small movements in one direction and slowly increase the size of the circle you make with your hips. (Like playing with a hula hoop)
- Then reverse direction, starting with small circles and getting bigger.
- Finally, rock your pelvis back and forth, starting with small movements and making them larger.
- Finish by throwing your hands up into the air, like your body is a star – reach out with your fingertips as your feet root down into the earth, neck and head long and strong.
- Now shake your hands out and activate your hand chakras, and then place them over your Sacral Chaka. Direct white light and the orange light into that chakra, and throughout your body as needed.
Running short on time? Just do Step 7. You can also as you lie in bed, just before you go to sleep or when you first wake up.
The Gratitude Rock anchors positive energy and gratitude at the end of every day. You can carry your stone with you, or leave it beside your bed. At night, before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock in your hand.
As you hold the stone say to yourself: I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Then hold in your mind one or more image of a thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe. Visualise a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
Now here’s the fun bit – imagine all of the other people who are taking part in this journalling challenge with you. Once again build up a strong positive energy in your heart, and then imagine shooting a stream of golden light out into the Universe to those people.
Say Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance.Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
Win a Prize!
Last week’s journal prize winner is Paula McFarlane. Paula, please contact my wonderful PA, Dana, at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can send your crystals out to you!
Come visit us over at facebook. If you like us and post a pic of your journal, crystal and cards this week on our facebook page or if you like and tag us in on your pic over at Instagram you’ll be in the running to win a cool crystal prize!
Week Three’s prize is a large orange calcite rough stone hand-chosen by me, and all juiced up from being in that recent big crystal grid on my farm. This is one of my favourite stones for creative and psychic work. Delicious! ❤ Entries close on Monday 26 March at 6pm Brisbane, Australia time. I’ll announce this week’s winner on next week’s Challenge post.
See you next week, ready to explore the fourth chakra in the Chakra Journal Challenge!
Love and hugs, Nicole ❤ xoxo