“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry,
Hello, and welcome to Week Five of our Chakra Journal Challenge!
Every Tuesday in March and April I will post a Journal Challenge for you, based upon a journey through the main chakras. You don’t need to know anything about journalling, chakras, crystals, oracle cards or energy work. I’ll explain everything that you need to do each week. Then you’ll have a week to complete the simple activities I share.
If you’re only just joining us please go back and read my Orientation Post first.
About the Heart Chakra
The Heart Chakra is located right where our heart is, in the centre of our chests. The colour of the Heart Chakra is green.
The Heart Chakra is an open doorway, the anchor for our soul into our body, and the seat of our emotions. When our heart chakra is open and balanced we are in a space of self-love, self-nurture, generosity, kindness, humour, empathy, non-judgement, happiness, compassion, expansion, optimism and FLOW. We’ll see beauty everywhere!
When the Heart Chakra is out of balance we can experience too much empathy, and hypersensitivity to the moods and emotions of others, where we will process these emotions as our own or feel responsible for them in other people. This is draining emotionally, physically and spiritually.
When the Heart Chakra has low energy flow we can experience loneliness, a sense of not belonging, we’ll shy away from intimacy and commitment, be overtly critical of self and others, be defensive and even paranoid. It is also an energy that creates addiction, including workaholism (see this week’s energy forecast for more on this!) because addictions mask and numb PAIN.
In all instances what the heart chakra needs is LOVE. Treat yourself and others with kindness, and spend time listening to your heart. Your heart holds all the wisdom of your soul, it truly knows what is best for you and what direction best serves you. All you ever need to do is tune in to that wisdom.
Each week of this nine week challenge will follow the same format:
- We will begin with the short guided meditation for the week, using your guidance stone. During this meditation you’ll be given a colour to work with for the week, and a word or phrase.
- We will choose an oracle card to give us inspiration and direction for the week ahead.
- We will spend ten minutes (or more if desired!) to complete our weekly journal prompt.
- We will give ourselves healing energy at least once this week.
- We will spend a few moments at the end of our day in gratitude.
You’ll need ten minutes to listen to this short guided meditation. Feel free to hold your crystal while you meditate.
Now answer the following questions, writing as little or as much as you need:
- What does your Power Colour mean to you? What words or ideas does it provoke? Write them down. Then use that colour to boost your energy. Shut your eyes for thirty seconds and breathe it into your body whenever you feel a bit flat or low. Wear it as clothing. Choose flowers in your colour. Eat food that colour. Be creative with it.
- How can you use your Power Word this week? Write a few ideas, based on your word. Trust whatever comes and write it down. Don’t overthink it.
Want to go deeper with your journalling? Try these additional prompts. Write the beginning of the sentence and then keep going, using stream of consciousness. Do one or all of them. You’ll be amazed what you might discover about yourself!
- When I connect into the energy of my Heart Chakra it makes me strong to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Heart Chakra it makes me scared to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Heart Chakra it makes me curious to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Heart Chakra it makes me excited to think that…
Your Chakra Card For The Week:
Take your chosen oracle or tarot cards, offer up a small prayer that whatever you do be for your Highest Good, and then shuffle the deck. As you’re shuffling, ask the question ‘What wisdom does my Heart Chakra have for me this week?’ Say it out loud or hold it as a thought in your head. Either will work.
Choose one card. How you choose is up to you. Split the deck. Fan them out. Top or bottom. Dive right in. There is no right or wrong.
Now look at your card and hold your guidance stone in your non-writing hand. Really look at the card. Don’t use the book or the ‘proper’ meaning. We are being intuitive here, people! What stands out for you in the picture? What thoughts and ideas do the images provoke? Take a minute or two and write those thoughts down. I know, you might feel like you’re just making it all up. That’s okay. Write anyway. Trust that there is a part of you that is wise and that has been waiting for this chance to speak with your conscious mind.
Here’s an example of my first journal pages for the Heart Chakra.
Hands On Healing:
This week our hands-on healing is simple, easy and powerful. It’s a great healing to do last thing at night, in bed, just before we go to sleep.
- Lie in bed, on your back, comfortable and with a straight spine.
- Shake out your hands and activate your hand chakras. (Can’t remember how? Go back and review our Orientation Post)
- Place one hand on your chest and one hand on your belly. Let white light flow from your hands into your body.
- When your body is filled with light, run green light from one hand to the other, in a gigantic healing loop. Feel the green light cleansing your heart, your blood, your cells and organs, your energy field.
- Let the colour of the energy change as you do this, if any other colours come to you and feel right.
- Finish with white or golden light into your body.
- Fall asleep, knowing that you will still be healing as you sleep.
You can also do this healing when you first wake up. Enjoy!
The Gratitude Rock anchors positive energy and gratitude at the end of every day. You can carry your stone with you, or leave it beside your bed. At night, before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock in your hand.
As you hold the stone say to yourself: I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Then hold in your mind one or more image of a thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe. Visualise a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
Now here’s the fun bit – imagine all of the other people who are taking part in this journalling challenge with you. Once again build up a strong positive energy in your heart, and then imagine shooting a stream of golden light out into the Universe to those people.
Say Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance.Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
Win a Prize!
Last week’s journal prize winner is Donna Abel Donnabella. Donna, please contact my wonderful PA, Dana, at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can send your crystals out to you!
Come visit us over at facebook. If you like us and post a pic of your journal, crystal and cards this week on our facebook page or if you like and tag us in on your pic over at Instagram you’ll be in the running to win a cool crystal prize!
Week Five’s prize is a rose quartz and a green aventurine, hand-chosen by me, and all juiced up from being in that recent big crystal grid on my farm. Delicious! ❤ Entries close on Monday 17 April at 6pm Brisbane, Australia time. I’ll announce this week’s winner on next week’s Challenge post.
See you next week, ready to explore the sixth chakra in the Chakra Journal Challenge!
Love and hugs, Nicole ❤ xoxo