“When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”
― Audre Lorde
Hello, and welcome to Week Seven of our Chakra Journal Challenge!
Every Tuesday in March and April I will post a Journal Challenge for you, based upon a journey through the main chakras. You don’t need to know anything about journalling, chakras, crystals, oracle cards or energy work. I’ll explain everything that you need to do each week. Then you’ll have a week to complete the simple activities I share.
If you’re only just joining us please go back and read my Orientation Post first.
About the Third Eye Chakra
The Third Eye Chakra anchors our perception. Our Third Eye taps into the pineal gland which works with our brain to create images beyond what we can physically see. The colour of this chakra is Indigo – a rich purple-blue.
The Third Eye Chakra is the most powerful chakra in your body for creating through vision. The activity of Imagining/dreaming,/visualising yourself as you would like to be in the world (so that you hold a perception of reality now but also the reality that you would like to see in the future) taps into the command center of your brain. What your mind sees cannot be differentiated between real or imagined so if you keep feeding your brain through your Third Eye Chakra, through your imagining wonderful images, your brain will accept this as reality, and your life will begin to shift to match that new reality.
Seeing energy, tapping into clairvoyance, telepathy skills, intuition, psychic perception – that’s the other thing that the Third Eye Chakra is all about. And of course it’s where you appreciate everything that come to us through vision, including things like art.
When the Third Eye Chakra is balanced you will find it easy to hold a positive picture of yourself and a positive picture of your future. You will be inspired and optimistic. You will feel spiritually connected and spiritually curious in the world. When your Third Eye begins to flow and ‘wake up’ you have a sense of interest and excitement about tapping into your higher intuition and you often have that questing feeling; that needing to feel more, be more, experience more from a spiritual and metaphysical point of view.
When the Third Eye becomes really overactive, you often have headaches and sometimes you can even have hallucinations, nightmares and bad dreams. When you feel detached from yourself, detached from the world, in your head too much and not able to find direction or feel joy and inspiration from being able to imagine things, then you know you’ve got a low-functioning Third Eye.
Each week of this nine week challenge will follow the same format:
- We will begin with the short guided meditation for the week, using your guidance stone. During this meditation you’ll be given a colour to work with for the week, and a word or phrase.
- We will choose an oracle card to give us inspiration and direction for the week ahead.
- We will spend ten minutes (or more if desired!) to complete our weekly journal prompt.
- We will give ourselves healing energy at least once this week.
- We will spend a few moments at the end of our day in gratitude.
Today we’re going to use the sound of my Tibetan Singing Bowl in our meditation. You’ll need about ten minutes for this exercise.
Allow the sound to enter your Third Eye Chakra. Feel like you are opening a doorway in your forehead for the sound to enter.
Then just listen to the meditation as directed.
Allow your Power Word and Power Colour to come to you.
You can listen to the meditation here:
Now answer the following questions, writing as little or as much as you need:
- What does your Power Colour mean to you? What words or ideas does it provoke? Write them down. Then use that colour to boost your energy. Shut your eyes for thirty seconds and breathe it into your body whenever you feel a bit flat or low. Wear it as clothing. Choose flowers in your colour. Eat food that colour. Be creative with it.
- How can you use your Power Word this week? Write a few ideas, based on your word. Trust whatever comes and write it down. Don’t overthink it.
Want to go deeper with your journalling? Try these additional prompts. Write the beginning of the sentence and then keep going, using stream of consciousness. Do one or all of them. You’ll be amazed what you might discover about yourself!
- When I connect into the energy of my Third Eye Chakra it makes me strong to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Third Eye Chakra it makes me scared to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Third Eye Chakra it makes me curious to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Third Eye Chakra it makes me excited to think that…
Your Chakra Card For The Week:
Take your chosen oracle or tarot cards, offer up a small prayer that whatever you do be for your Highest Good, and then shuffle the deck. As you’re shuffling, ask the question ‘What wisdom does my Third Eye Chakra have for me this week?’ Say it out loud or hold it as a thought in your head. Either will work.
Choose one card. How you choose is up to you. Split the deck. Fan them out. Top or bottom. Dive right in. There is no right or wrong.
Now look at your card and hold your guidance stone in your non-writing hand. Really look at the card. Don’t use the book or the ‘proper’ meaning. We are being intuitive here, people! What stands out for you in the picture? What thoughts and ideas do the images provoke? Take a minute or two and write those thoughts down. I know, you might feel like you’re just making it all up. That’s okay. Write anyway. Trust that there is a part of you that is wise and that has been waiting for this chance to speak with your conscious mind.
Here’s an example of my first journal pages for the Third Eye Chakra:
Hands On Healing:
This week our hands-on healing can be done at any time during the day. It’s a great healing to do last thing at night, in bed, just before you go to sleep.
- Sit or lie comfortably and with a straight spine.
- Shake out your hands and activate your hand chakras. (Can’t remember how? Go back and review our Orientation Post)
- Now gently use the fingers of both hands (not thumbs) to tap lightly on your Third Eye Chakra which is in the middle of your forehead
- Then place one hand on your forehead and one hand on your heart. Let white light flow from your hands into your body.
- When your body is filled with light, run purple light from one hand to the other, in a gigantic healing loop. Feel the purple light connecting your heart and your mind. Feel your Third Eye Chakra energising and opening.
- Let the colour of the energy change as you do this, if any other colours come to you and feel right.
- Finish with white or golden light into your body.
- Sit quietly and be open to any psychic or intuitive connection or information that may come. Hold yourself open to vision and understanding about your best self and highest expression.
You can also do this healing when you first wake up. Enjoy!
The Gratitude Rock anchors positive energy and gratitude at the end of every day. You can carry your stone with you, or leave it beside your bed. At night, before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock in your hand.
As you hold the stone say to yourself: I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Then hold in your mind one or more image of a thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe. Visualise a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
Now here’s the fun bit – imagine all of the other people who are taking part in this journalling challenge with you. Once again build up a strong positive energy in your heart, and then imagine shooting a stream of golden light out into the Universe to those people.
Say Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance.Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
Win a Prize!
Last week’s journal prize winner is Donna Abel Donnabella. Donna, please contact my wonderful PA, Dana, at email@example.com so she can send your crystals out to you!
Come visit us over at facebook. If you like us and post a pic of your journal, crystal and cards this week OR a picture that best represents your Third Eye Chakra energy on our facebook page or over at Instagram you’ll be in the running to win a cool crystal prize!
Week Seven’s prize is a natural amethyst chunk from the Kimberley, hand-chosen by me, and all juiced up from being in that recent big crystal grid on my farm. Delicious! ❤ Entries close on Monday 1 May at 6pm Brisbane, Australia time. I’ll announce this week’s winner on next week’s Challenge post.
See you next week, ready to explore the eighth and final chakra in the Chakra Journal Challenge!
Love and hugs, Nicole ❤ xoxo