“When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.” ~ Audre Lorde
Hello, and welcome to the final week of our Chakra Journal Challenge!
(Sorry for the slight delay between postings. I’ve been in hospital – but that’s a whole other post.)
If you’re only just joining us please go back and read my Orientation Post first.
About the Crown Chakra
The Crown Chakra is found at the top of our head, and it is the colour white. This is the place where our mind and brain connect in with our entire body, systems and organs. It is a communication hub for the physical body, governing not just our thoughts and our emotions but our hormones, our physical reactions, our metabolism, our nervous system. The Crown Chakra is a doorway to higher awareness and profound psychic connection. It is the chakra that governs our spiritual opening and our spiritual development.
When our Crown Chakra is activated we can create a bold new vision for ourselves and our future or the futures of others. It is a centre for inspiration, divine guidance and enlightenment. We will feel the need to be a spiritual seeker, to be on a spiritual journey or to find or follow a higher calling. (This might not be spiritual – it might be a calling to write or to study or to travel for example.)
One of the issues with this chakra is that it’s where the seat of the mind is and often, by being too much in our mind, we’re unable to open up to the higher aspects of this chakra and that wonderful universal connection.
When our Crown Chakra is open and in flow we are intelligent, confident, we are problem solvers and we have a great clarity in the way that we think. We have a strong ability to concentrate and to bring and focus all of our attention upon one thing or upon one practice so that we are clear and present and very insightful. When we’re really in flow with this chakra, we are also open to higher guidance. We have a great ability to trust that we will be supported in life, and to trust that everything that we need we can draw to us.
When our Crown Chakra is out of balance we can’t put our finger on it but we know something’s not right in ourselves and in our life. We often feel totally uninspired – and not just uninspired, uninterested. We couldn’t be bothered. We might do what absolutely needs to be done but we don’t bother to do anymore than that. We feel a great separation from source which can manifest as deep anxiety and neurosis. It can also manifest as a feeling of abandonment, feeling rejected or not feeling worthy.
When our Crown Chakra is not flowing well, we’re frightened to put our opinions forward, we’re frightened to serve, we’re worried about making mistakes and we can’t see ourselves or others in a positive light. It’s not necessarily that we’re critical, more that we feel hopeless or helpless and things just aren’t good enough somehow.
It’s a really powerful chakra and it’s one that can be so easily thrown out and particularly, it can be thrown out by over thinking.
Best antidote to overthinking? Meditation, mindfulness and spending time in nature.
Each week of this nine week challenge will follow the same format:
- We will begin with the short guided meditation for the week, using your guidance stone. During this meditation you’ll be given a colour to work with for the week, and a word or phrase.
- We will choose an oracle card to give us inspiration and direction for the week ahead.
- We will spend ten minutes (or more if desired!) to complete our weekly journal prompt.
- We will give ourselves healing energy at least once this week.
- We will spend a few moments at the end of our day in gratitude.
Today we’re going to use the sound of my Tibetan Singing Bowl in our meditation. You’ll need about ten minutes for this exercise.
Allow the sound to enter your Crown Chakra. Feel like you are opening a doorway in the top of your head for the sound to enter.
Then just listen to the meditation as directed.
Allow your Power Word and Power Colour to come to you.
You can listen to the meditation here:
Now answer the following questions, writing as little or as much as you need:
- What does your Power Colour mean to you? What words or ideas does it provoke? Write them down. Then use that colour to boost your energy. Shut your eyes for thirty seconds and breathe it into your body whenever you feel a bit flat or low. Wear it as clothing. Choose flowers in your colour. Eat food that colour. Be creative with it.
- How can you use your Power Word this week? Write a few ideas, based on your word. Trust whatever comes and write it down. Don’t overthink it.
Want to go deeper with your journalling? Try these additional prompts. Write the beginning of the sentence and then keep going, using stream of consciousness. Do one or all of them. You’ll be amazed what you might discover about yourself!
- When I connect into the energy of my Crown Chakra it makes me strong to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Crown Chakra it makes me scared to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Crown Chakra it makes me curious to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Crown Chakra it makes me excited to think that…
Your Chakra Card For The Week:
Take your chosen oracle or tarot cards, offer up a small prayer that whatever you do be for your Highest Good, and then shuffle the deck. As you’re shuffling, ask the question ‘What wisdom does my Crown Chakra have for me this week?’ Say it out loud or hold it as a thought in your head. Either will work.
Choose one card. How you choose is up to you. Split the deck. Fan them out. Top or bottom. Dive right in. There is no right or wrong.
Now look at your card and hold your guidance stone in your non-writing hand. Really look at the card. Don’t use the book or the ‘proper’ meaning. We are being intuitive here, people! What stands out for you in the picture? What thoughts and ideas do the images provoke? Take a minute or two and write those thoughts down. I know, you might feel like you’re just making it all up. That’s okay. Write anyway. Trust that there is a part of you that is wise and that has been waiting for this chance to speak with your conscious mind.
Here’s an example of my first journal pages for the Crown Chakra:
Hands On Healing:
This week our hands-on healing can be done at any time during the day. It’s also a great healing to do last thing at night, in bed, just before you go to sleep.
- Sit or lie comfortably and with a straight spine.
- Shake out your hands and activate your hand chakras. (Can’t remember how? Go back and review our Orientation Post)
- Now gently use the fingers of both hands (not thumbs) to tap lightly on your Crown Chakra on the top of your head.
- Then place one hand on the top of your head and one hand on your heart. Let white light flow from your hands into your body.
- When your body is filled with light, run white light from one hand to the other, in a gigantic healing loop. Feel the white light connecting your heart and your mind. Feel your Crown Chakra energising and opening.
- Now place both hands on your chest. Flow white light from your Crown Chakra all the way down to your feet. Allow your entire body to become filled with white light. Be open to healing, insight or whatever else comes to you.
- Let the colour of the energy change as you do this, if any other colours come to you and feel right.
- To finish, lift your hands from your body, shake them out and sit quietly for a moment. Or simply allow yourself to fall asleep.
You can also do this healing when you first wake up. Enjoy!
The Gratitude Rock anchors positive energy and gratitude at the end of every day. You can carry your stone with you, or leave it beside your bed. At night, before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock in your hand.
As you hold the stone say to yourself: I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Then hold in your mind one or more image of a thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe. Visualise a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
Now here’s the fun bit – imagine all of the other people who are taking part in this journalling challenge with you. Once again build up a strong positive energy in your heart, and then imagine shooting a stream of golden light out into the Universe to those people.
Say Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance.Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
Win a Prize!
Week Seven’s journal prize winner is Nicky Strickland. Nicky, please contact us so we can send your crystal out to you!
Come visit us over at facebook. If you post a pic of your journal, crystal and cards this week OR a picture that best represents your Crown Chakra energy on our facebook page or over at Instagram you’ll be in the running to win a cool crystal prize!
Our final prize is a natural clear quartz crystal from the Kimberley, hand-chosen by me, and all juiced up from being in that recent big crystal grid on my farm. Delicious! ❤ Entries close on Monday 21 May at 6pm Brisbane, Australia time. I’ll announce this week’s winner on next week’s wrap up post.
Thanks again for joining me on this journal challenge.
Love and hugs, Nicole ❤ xoxo