“Living with integrity means: Not settling for less than what you know you deserve in your relationships. Asking for what you want and need from others. Speaking your truth, even though it might create conflict or tension. Behaving in ways that are in harmony with your personal values. Making choices based on what you believe, and not what others believe.”
― Barbara De Angelis
Hello, and welcome to Week Six of our Chakra Journal Challenge!
Every Tuesday in March and April I will post a Journal Challenge for you, based upon a journey through the main chakras. You don’t need to know anything about journalling, chakras, crystals, oracle cards or energy work. I’ll explain everything that you need to do each week. Then you’ll have a week to complete the simple activities I share.
If you’re only just joining us please go back and read my Orientation Post first.
About the Throat Chakra
The Throat Chakra governs communication, your personal intentions and personal truth and voicing those things. Its colour is a beautiful sky blue.
Physically this Chakra governs your throat, your gums, your mouth, your teeth, your thyroid gland, all of your neck and shoulders and even your arms and hands. We hold a lot of tension here in these areas when we don’t speak our truth.
If you’re someone who suffers from stress headaches, throat problems, mouth problems, grinding your teeth, tension in your neck and shoulders, your Throat Chakra may not be in flow. Our words and emotions get ‘stuck in our throat’ or jammed deeper down inside of us. Tune in to your Throat Chakra and you’ll feel what I mean!
How do we know when we are in flow? When we are in flow with our Throat Chakra we have excellent communication skills. We can communicate our thoughts, feelings and ideas to others, as well as to ourselves. We own our truth and speak it. We also listen well to people and we really hear what they have to say. We honor the other person who’s speaking by giving them our attention.
We find that we can say things that need to be said, even when that is difficult. We’ll be aware of non-verbal communication. This awareness is not just what being said but how it’s being said; the body language of the person and also the higher energies of the person.
When our Throat Chakra’s in flow it gives us a much stronger connection to intuition and to telepathic and channeling abilities.
We connect in to our inner voice and we’re able to speak that truth to honor our own needs and to ask clearly for what we need without getting stressed about it.
Each week of this nine week challenge will follow the same format:
- We will begin with the short guided meditation for the week, using your guidance stone. During this meditation you’ll be given a colour to work with for the week, and a word or phrase.
- We will choose an oracle card to give us inspiration and direction for the week ahead.
- We will spend ten minutes (or more if desired!) to complete our weekly journal prompt.
- We will give ourselves healing energy at least once this week.
- We will spend a few moments at the end of our day in gratitude.
This meditation is based upon a yoga practice called “Bhramari”. It is a meditation where you hum like a bee!
It is a stunningly simple practice, which can have very powerful results. This meditation reduces stress and stress response within the body. It also cleanses, opens and heals the throat chakra.
Over time, this meditation will help to clear mucous in the throat and widen any constrictions, balance and lower blood pressure, normalize the endocrine system, and settle insulin and cortisol spikes that are our body’s fight or flight response. It is a terrific practice for anyone with thyroid issues, and can be done by anyone, regardless of their age or health. It’s also great for hesitant speakers.
Bee Breath creates a healing vibration within the body, aids sleep, promotes blood flow to the brain, and calms anger and anxiety. It also boosts your energy without making you ‘hyper’ because it is a grounding practice.
Kids love it too, and you can do it on your own, or as part of a group. In a group meditation the group will create sounds that are truly grounding and uplifting, and which can facilitate great healing and release.
To do the meditation:
- Sit comfortably with a straight spine. It doesn’t matter if this is cross-legged, on a chair, or even on your bed! Put your hands on your knees, palms down.
- Relax and bring your focus to your breath. Just be aware of the natural rhythm of your breath, don’t force it. Let your breath bring you to a place of greater calm within your body.
- Now that you feel a little more relaxed, take a breath in. On the outbreath, keep your mouth shut and your teeth together and make a humming sound. You can be as loud or as quiet as you want. In fact it’s fun to vary the loudness.
- Keep breathing in, in silence, and breathing out with humming until you really build up a vibration in your skull. Eventually you can fill your whole body up with vibration. It feels weird at first but stick with it.
- Sit quietly when you are finished, and let your Power Colour and Power Word come to you.
Build up from a minute or two to start with. If you feel dizzy, stop! Start again tomorrow. Over time, doing ten minutes a day of this meditation will bring about great results.
Now answer the following questions, writing as little or as much as you need:
- What does your Power Colour mean to you? What words or ideas does it provoke? Write them down. Then use that colour to boost your energy. Shut your eyes for thirty seconds and breathe it into your body whenever you feel a bit flat or low. Wear it as clothing. Choose flowers in your colour. Eat food that colour. Be creative with it.
- How can you use your Power Word this week? Write a few ideas, based on your word. Trust whatever comes and write it down. Don’t overthink it.
Want to go deeper with your journalling? Try these additional prompts. Write the beginning of the sentence and then keep going, using stream of consciousness. Do one or all of them. You’ll be amazed what you might discover about yourself!
- When I connect into the energy of my Throat Chakra it makes me strong to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Throat Chakra it makes me scared to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Throat Chakra it makes me curious to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Throat Chakra it makes me excited to think that…
Your Chakra Card For The Week:
Take your chosen oracle or tarot cards, offer up a small prayer that whatever you do be for your Highest Good, and then shuffle the deck. As you’re shuffling, ask the question ‘What wisdom does my Throat Chakra have for me this week?’ Say it out loud or hold it as a thought in your head. Either will work.
Choose one card. How you choose is up to you. Split the deck. Fan them out. Top or bottom. Dive right in. There is no right or wrong.
Now look at your card and hold your guidance stone in your non-writing hand. Really look at the card. Don’t use the book or the ‘proper’ meaning. We are being intuitive here, people! What stands out for you in the picture? What thoughts and ideas do the images provoke? Take a minute or two and write those thoughts down. I know, you might feel like you’re just making it all up. That’s okay. Write anyway. Trust that there is a part of you that is wise and that has been waiting for this chance to speak with your conscious mind.
Here’s an example of my first journal pages for the Throat Chakra.
Hands On Healing:
This week our hands-on healing is simple, easy and powerful. It’s a great healing to do last thing at night, in bed, just before we go to sleep.
- Lie in bed, on your back, comfortable and with a straight spine.
- Shake out your hands and activate your hand chakras. (Can’t remember how? Go back and review our Orientation Post)
- Place one hand on your throat and one hand on your heart. Let white light flow from your hands into your body.
- When your body is filled with light, run blue light from one hand to the other, in a gigantic healing loop. Feel the blue light cleansing your throat, your blood, your cells and organs, your energy field.
- Let the colour of the energy change as you do this, if any other colours come to you and feel right.
- Finish with white or golden light into your body.
- Fall asleep, knowing that you will still be healing as you sleep.
You can also do this healing when you first wake up. Enjoy!
The Gratitude Rock anchors positive energy and gratitude at the end of every day. You can carry your stone with you, or leave it beside your bed. At night, before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock in your hand.
As you hold the stone say to yourself: I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Then hold in your mind one or more image of a thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe. Visualise a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
Now here’s the fun bit – imagine all of the other people who are taking part in this journalling challenge with you. Once again build up a strong positive energy in your heart, and then imagine shooting a stream of golden light out into the Universe to those people.
Say Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance.Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
Win a Prize!
Last week’s journal prize winner is Ashley Bogacz. Ashley, please contact my wonderful PA, Dana, at firstname.lastname@example.org so she can send your crystals out to you!
Come visit us over at facebook. If you like us and post a pic of your journal, crystal and cards this week on our facebook page or if you like and tag us in on your pic over at Instagram you’ll be in the running to win a cool crystal prize!
Week Six’s prize is a Blue Obsdian and a Selenite, hand-chosen by me, and all juiced up from being in that recent big crystal grid on my farm. Delicious! ❤ Entries close on Monday 24 April at 6pm Brisbane, Australia time. I’ll announce this week’s winner on next week’s Challenge post.
See you next week, ready to explore the seventh chakra in the Chakra Journal Challenge!
Love and hugs, Nicole ❤ xoxo