“The songs of our ancestors are also the songs of our children”
~ Philip Carr-Gomm
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
There is a full moon tonight – Christmas Night, 2015. (I know, I know, some of you dear readers are only up to Christmas Eve, but I’m in Australia, where it’s tomorrow already!)
It seems quite fitting that we are having this particular full moon on Christmas night. It’s an Ancestors Moon. A pattern-breaking moon. Given that most of us will spend time at Christmas thinking about family, or spending time in their presence, I believe this to be a moon of great potential influence and healing.
This moon truly shines a light on ancestral and family patterns, allowing us opportunity for healing and for ending old patterns within our family line that no longer serve us, and which we do not wish to see repeated within the lives of our children and their children.
I’ve created a simple ritual that you can do at any time today, or tonight, that will help this process of healing and growth within your family.
Christmas Full Moon Ritual
Tools you will need:
A small stone or crystal that you are comfortable to discard. Ten minutes of your time.
Read through this first, and then perform the ritual. You can do this ritual at any time on Christmas Day or Christmas evening.
- Sit or stand somewhere on your own, where you won’t be disturbed. Take your stone in your hand and close your eyes.
- Offer up a prayer that all work be for your Highest Good and the Highest Good of your family line.
- Feel back in time, and begin to notice and become aware of all of your ancestors. You might have this as a feeling, an intention or idea, or you may get images. Whatever happens for you, know that the ritual is still working.
- Feel how all of those souls who came before you, including your own parents and grandparents have shaped you. Don’t judge the relationships. Simply be aware of them.
- Feel the love and support for you, and the encouragement from souls in your family line who have passed over. It doesn’t matter that you have not met them. Their history and blood flows in your veins. You are a part of them, and they are a part of you.
- Think of a situation, pattern of behaviour, or belief that needs healing or ending within your family right now. Understand that this situation, belief or pattern was needed for learning.
- Flow love and light into your stone, and visualise that situation, pattern or belief. Flow that into the stone as well.
- Say out loud “I offer myself as the pattern breaker. This energy will end with me.”
- Lock the energy into the stone.
- Now offer a prayer that this situation, pattern or belief be healed within your family.
- Say out loud the words, “I AM, and it is so. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”
- Stand or sit in the energy as long as feels right for you. You may receive energy, insights or other gifts now.
- When you are ready open your eyes. Lay your stone out under the open sky and the moonlight for the night. If this isn’t possible leave it on a windowsill where it can be exposed to the energy of the Ancestors Moon.
- Tomorrow, after the moon has set, take your stone and bury it in the earth, or within the soil of a pot-plant. You could also cast your stone into the river or sea. Let it go. Let it all go now.