“It’s more than ok to say no to the people and places that harm your peace.”
~ Nikki Rowe
Right now I am running a very special Chakra Wisdoms retreat here in Byron Bay – a delicious week of meditation, shamanic wisdoms and a facilitated journey deep within as we explore our chakras and how their energy shapes us.
I know how much some of you love to follow along and participate from home, so I’ve created a simple series of exercises to help you take your own inner journey using your chakras and oracle cards for guidance.
Each day we will have a series of simple reflection questions for you to contemplate.
Then you will be asked to choose a colour. That colour represents the chakra you will work with today. There will be a challenge for you based on the colour you chose.
Finally you will choose an oracle card to give insight into the chakra you are working with today.
Take ten minutes, sit quietly on your own, and answer these as truthfully as you can. These answers are just for you. No-one else will see them. Write them down. Let the answers stay with you. Write as little or as much as you need.
- Where do you feel or hold fear in your body? Are there any places that have been this way since you were a child? Are any of these places newer?
- When you feel really good about yourself and your life where does that feeling sit within your body?
Pick the colour that most stands out for you:
- Orange – Sacral Chakra
2. Red – Base Chakra
3. Sky Blue – Throat Chakra
4. Yellow – Solar Plexus Chakra
5. White – Crown Chakra
6. Purple – Third Eye Chakra
7. Green – Heart Chakra
Now choose your challenge based on the colour you selected. Each of these activities will help to nurture and strengthen the Chakra you have chosen as today’s Chakra:
- Orange – Orange corresponds to our Sacral Chakra, our centre for Creativity and Sensuality. Choose one of the following activities to support your Sacral Chakra today: *enjoy a massage *have an aramotherapy bath or diffuse some oils *watch a movie *listen to music *go to a gallery *make some art *write *work on a favourite project *explore a new part of town *go to a new cafe or store
- Red – Red corresponds to our Base Chakra, our centre for Safety, Security and Abundance. Choose one of the following activities to support your Base Chakra today: *go for a walk *take a hike in nature *stand baefoot on the ground *participate in a team sport *create a sacred altar at home with some items that are meaningful to you *declutter or give your home or work space a tidy *spend quality time with your loved ones *pay a bill with an attitude of gratitude *start a savings account towards a meaningful outcome *plan a romantic interlude or enjoy one today *go dancing
- Sky Blue – Sky Blue corresponds to our Throat Chakra, our centre for Communication and Speaking Our Truth. Choose one of the following activities to support your Throat Chakra today: *sing – in the car or the shower or just in your lounge room *phone a friend *sign up for a course *write a letter *join a social or online group with common interests *begin planning a course you will teach or a book you will write *try laughter yoga *listen to music *make music *do anything that makes you deeply relaxed
- Yellow – Yellow corresponds to our Solar Plexus Chakra, our I AM centre for anchoring our personal authority and sense of self. Choose one of the following activities to support your Solar Plexus Chakra today: *say yes to something you want *say no to something you don’t want *affirm your boundaries *choose to speak positively about yourself and others *create a life plan or a business plan *make a decision in an area where you’ve been procrastinating *take some time for a solo adventure – even if that’s just a cup of coffee on your own in a new place, or ten minutes exploring an interesting store *find yourself a coach or mentor who believes in you *make a dream board
- White – White corresponds to our Crown Chakra, our centre for Spiritual Connection and Higher Purpose. Choose one of the following activities to support your Crown Chakra today: *meditate *go for a long walk *take time to sit quietly in nature *journal and work with your oracle cards *have a crystal or reiki healing *pray or visit a temple, church, mosque or sacred site *rest or take some quite time for yourself *book into a spiritual course or yoga retreat *stretch your body *read a book *take a course to build your knowledge
- Purple – Purple corresponds to our Third Eye Chakra, our centre for Spiritual Insight and Life Vision. Choose one of the following activities to support your Third Eye Chakra today: *spend some time giving yourself an oracle or tarot reading, or visit someone who does these *visualise yourself having, doing or being something that is a life goal for you *make plans for the future *take a walk in bright sunshine or moonlight * burn some incense *journal your problems and consider solutions *meditate *play with your favourite crystals *give or receive energy healing *take a nap *have an early night *do something that stimulates your imagination
- Green – Green corresponds to our Heart Chakra, our centre for Love and Emotional Expression. Choose one of the following activities to support your Sacral Chakra today: *give or receive a heart-to-heart hug *forgive yourself *forgive someone else *make contact with someone you miss *declare your love *be kind to yourself *meet loved ones for a shared meal *plan an outing or holiday with friends or family *worship or give thanks in a way that is meaningful to you *celebrate your life by doing something that makes you happy *donate or volunteer *smile and be kind *spend time with your pets *seek help from a therapist if you are stuck in grief, loss or anger *place flowers by your bed or desk *treat yourself to a haircut or manicure *buy one small thing that makes your feel good and nurtures your soul
Choosing your Daily Oracle Card:
Don’t be scared about using Oracle or Tarot cards. They are simply a tool to help tune you in to your own intuition and inner knowing. It is possible that you may also choose the same card more than once over the course of this challenge. Each time you choose a card, treat it as a whole new message. You may find yourself having several interpretations from just one card over time, depending on the questions you have asked.
The following web pages will allow you to choose a daily oracle card without having to own your own deck:
Online Oracle Cards:
Colette Baron Reid’s Oracles – choose a deck, and then choose your card
Doreen Virtue’s Oracles – scroll down to the part of the page that says ‘Get your Reading’ and then choose the Simple Reading one card option
Take a favourite stone or crystal, and complete this short guided meditation:
Hold your stone in your cupped hands, close your eyes, and slow your breathing. Bring white light into your body until you feel peaceful and calm. Then bring white light into the crystal too. Allow yourself to connect to the stone. You may feel it tingle, or visualise a colour in your mind’s eye. When you are ready, open your eyes. Keep your stone near you, and hold it when you write.
Now shuffle your cards, thinking about the colour and chakra you have chosen today. Silently ask the question to yourself ‘How can this Chakra support me today?’
When you have shuffled the cards and they feel ‘done’, select just one card. How you choose that card is up to you. You can split the deck. You could take the top or bottom card. You could fan the cards out and take one from the array.
Place the card face up in front of you.
Clear your mind by closing your eyes and taking one deep breath in and then out. Open your eyes again. Take a minute and look at the picture on the oracle or tarot card.
What stands out for you? Is it an image or a colour? Is it a number or a word? What are your first impressions?
Write these down in your journal.
Now let’s go a little deeper. What feelings or words does this card evoke in your mind when you think about the card and its images in relation to the question ‘How can this Chakra support me today?’ Take five minutes and just write some stream-of-consciousness thoughts down. Don’t censor or judge them. Trust the process.
Finally, read back over what you have written.
Expect that more insights may come up for you during the day. Write anything important down in your journal so that you can continue to reflect upon it.
See you tomorrow! Lots of love, Nicole xx
*PS – I often take a photo of my card on my phone, so that I can refer back to it later!