Image from okeechobee.ifas.ufl.edu
Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. ~ Buddha
There is nothing as magnetic to positive life experiences as a joyful heart. Joy is heart-centred, and is the spiritual expression of happiness. It is centred in deep gratitude and awareness, and it can be generated by the smallest of things.
Take a look back through your gratitude journal and you’ll begin to see how many of the things that give you pause for appreciation are life’s simple moments and pleasures.
When we sit in deep gratitude and appreciation we begin smiling from the inside, laughter and kindness become second nature, and we feel abundant and benevolent towards the world…
Image courtesy of fbcutepic.com
As we have started every day of this Gratitude Challenge let’s begin by amplifying our feel-good appreciation of the many good things in our lives.
Today let’s Count Our Blessings and Use our Gratitude Rock
If you need a detailed reminder of the process, you can review it here in Day 1 of the Gratitude Challenge.
- List five Blessings in your journal, explaining why you are grateful for each one.
- Count your Blessings off on your fingers, summoning positive emotion and saying Thank You from your heart for each one.
- Take yesterday’s request for help from underneath your Gratitude Rock. Hold it in your hands and say Universe, Thank you for the help I am receiving with ___________ I believe that the Universe supports me in every way. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Really feel that energy and gratitude in your own heart. Trust that this help will find its way to you with perfect timing.
- Tonight before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock and affirm I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Visualise one thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe, then imagine a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
- Still holding your Gratitude Rock, bless your fellow travellers on this Gratitude Journey by sending them golden light, and saying Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance. Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
If all you do today is these five steps, know that is enough.
Of course, if you’d like to practice more gratitude, I have a special assignment for you…
The Art of Bliss Bombing
This is a gorgeous activity, and one of my favourites. Take yourself to a public place, like a mall, coffee shop, or a bench in a park near where people are walking by. Sit somewhere unobtrusive. When someone walks past, shoot a radiant shower of golden sparks from your heart to theirs and silently bless them with love. You can even send joy and love from your heart to trees, animals, plants, bus-loads of commuters and overhead planes. You might want to say to yourself, “I bless you with love. Know joy today.” If anyone catches your eye, just smile.
Feel your open heart begin to tingle with energy and joy. In that place of energetic connection look around you at the world and you will see that it IS brighter and more beautiful because of YOU.
Today you have acted as an Earth Angel. Your Lightwork has helped contribute to our energetic abundance.
It’s okay to let your face crack open from smiling! Thank the Universe for this amazing experience we call life. Expect an outpouring of feel-good emotion. ♥ Don’t be at all surprised at how the Universe will mirror your love and energetic abundance back to you. You are becoming more and more magnetic to the flow of good and grace.
Image from angelsaroundusinfo.com