“Don’t love to be loved in return. Love for the sake of loving.”
~ Connor Chalfant
Our heart, and Heart Chakra, is both a receiver and a transmitter for love and wisdom. The more we open our heart by giving, the more we can connect into receiving. This positive flow of loving energy allows us to live from our hearts as intuitive, connected and compassionate human beings.
Our hearts love to love. Here are some suggestions for expressing that energy in the world this week:
- Play with your pets, or go feed ducks in the local park. Animals are wonderfully intuitive, loving and giving.
- Make a connection that expands your own heart. Read to a child, or even to an adult.
- Catch up with friends for a coffee, a meal or a movie.
- Play tennis with a friend, or go to a yoga class together. Do anything athletic that involves someone else, some encouragement, some sharing and some laughing.
- Visit or call an elderly relative or a family member who’ll be glad to see you!
- Spend an hour giving random but sincere compliments to strangers. Tell the waitress you like her earrings or the supermarket attendant that you’re grateful for the skilful way he packs your bag so your bread doesn’t get squashed. Smile.
- Leave a kind and supportive message on a pillow, tucked into a pocket, or posted on a blog.
- Volunteer, and care for others in some way. Humans love to give, and to help, and to be united in the energy of that caring.
- Plan a party or a special event to bring together people that you love, even if that event doesn’t take happen straight away.
- Join a retreat, workshop or holiday tour and meet new friends. Be open to connecting with others.
Meet your heart on the page. Take a minute or two to calm yourself, by closing your eyes and breathing deeply. Focus on your heart, and build that energy within you. Visualise the colour green. (If you wish, work with the energy of the meditation below before you begin!) When you are ready start writing, starting with the words,
“The thing my wise heart really needs my conscious mind to know is…”
This six-minute meditation will help you tap into your heart’s own intuition and wise guidance, opening you up to deeper and deeper levels of spiritual connection.
Sending love from my heart to yours,
Nicole ❤ xx