Image from indiegod.wordpress.com
“When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears.” ~ Anthony Robbins
While money can’t buy you happiness, a lack of money in your life can create great stress and upset, and is the cause of much worry and fear for many.
Whenever we concentrate on lack, we get more of that. The clearer the thought and the stronger the emotion, the more quickly the Universe fills our order. So if we think or shout “Oh no – not another bill!” and we attach a strong emotion of anger or frustration or fear to that thought, we are only magnetising ourselves to more of the same…
In order to create financial flow we need to feel abundant. We have to develop positive feelings and thoughts about money.
How can you tell if you are in resistance to money?
Image from militarymoneymight.com
If there is mild resistance, or a belief that you don’t deserve more (we’ll be dealing with this in a later blog!) you might find that there’s enough money, but never any over, and that you can live day to day but never quite get ahead.
If you are deeper in resistance you will resent or feel envious of people who have more money than you. You resent the bills, and are frustrated by your inability or constant effort to pay them. You feel uncomfortable thinking or talking about money. Your biggest awareness of money is that there isn’t enough, or as much as you would like. You pay bills and other expenses grudgingly, even if it’s for things you want. You don’t pay attention to your cash account and credit card balances, mail from the banks and bills go unopened, or get left around the house. You worry about money.
And those thoughts and emotions are the surest way to make you feel impoverished.
The best way to start feeling wealthy is by counting our many Blessings.
Image from w2wministries.org
My Daily Gratitude Practice:
If you need a detailed reminder of the process, you can review it here in Day 1 of the Gratitude Challenge.
- List five Blessings in your journal, explaining why you are grateful for each one.
- Count your Blessings off on your fingers, summoning positive emotion and saying Thank You from your heart for each one.
- This morning, take your money from underneath your Gratitude Rock and affirm “I am grateful for financial abundance. My money is multiplying and blessing me and others daily. Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
- Place your Gratitude Money in your wallet, so that you won’t spend it, but that you know it is there. (I put a heart sticker on mine, folded it up, and poked it in with my drivers licence!) Affirm “This Gratitude Money is magnetic to good. It multiplies and brings money to me in so many wonderful ways. Thank you!” Spend a moment and visualise this money as a little magnet, pulling other money to it. Imagine tiny showers of golden light sprinkling out from this Gratitude Money, blessing all the other money and cards in your wallet. Let yourself feel wealthy and grateful.
- Tonight before you go to sleep hold your Gratitude Rock and affirm I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Visualise one thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe, then imagine a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
- Still holding your Gratitude Rock, bless your fellow travellers on this Gratitude Journey by sending them golden light, and saying Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance. Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Then snuggle back down into bed and drift off to sleep, cocooned in this wonderful energy of love and gratitude.
If you only follow these steps today, that is enough, but if you’d like a further gratitude challenge about creating financial flow, read on…
Thank You for the Money!
Remember, right at the beginning of our 30 Day Gratitude Challenge we said that Gratitude is a powerful tool in any Lightworker’s kit. When we say thank you to the Universe, in effect we are placing an order where we are saying more please of all this good stuff, or other things equally as wonderful, or even better!
This is equally true whether we are thankful for a hug, a friend, a good meal, or money in our wallet.
Image from abubakarjamil.com
Today, at every opportunity, give thanks for the money in your life. This actually can be a lot of fun as you realise just how much money has already flowed into your existence.
The money may have come as a gift, or a loan. It may have been earned by you or someone in your family, you could have sold something or won something, received a discount or been given a bonus.
If you are given a second-hand sofa, that’s money! The clothes you’re wearing were purchased using money. The mug you drink your morning coffee out of was also part of the money flow. See what I mean?
Today, hold that awareness of how much money is already in your life.
As you lie in your bed think or say “Thank you for the money that has provided this home for me.”
When you get into your car, think or say “Thank you for the money that provided me with this car.”
When you pay for your breakfast, or the bus ticket, or the newspaper or the groceries, say “Thank you for the money that flows to and through me.”
There is so much evidence of the money that has already shown up in your life.
If you write a cheque or pay a bill, draw a little heart on the bill or the cheque stub and write “Thank you for the money that pays this bill.”
As you hold cash in your hand to pay for something, think or say “Thank you for the gift of money in my life.”
Give some money away with a Blessing for the Abundance in your life. Charitable acts come from an abundant heart. It might be a coin to a busker, or a coin in a donation tin, or the purchase of a packet of Girl Guide biscuits, or a ticket in the local charity raffle. Feel how abundant you are, that you have wealth to share. Say “I am Blessed with Abundance. Thank You for the Money I can flow to others.” Really feel that swell of gratitude in your heart.
Image from pellandbales.wordpress.com
I was sent this quote by the lovely Silvana Nagyl. It’s from the Mediation Society of Australia, on the topic of gratitude. It’s a great thought to hold for today…
“I have no one to criticise and no thing, not even me.
For criticism blocks the flow of love,
it is gratitude that pours through me like a flood.”