“The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles”
This morning I’m counting my Blessings. Such a simple thing to do, and it always makes me feel richer. I like to count them off on my fingers – a tangible act, and a way of really anchoring their truth in my life. Blessings to me are always the simple things in life, and often the things we take for granted. Even on the worst of days we can find something to be grateful for. Counting blessings gets my attention OFF the things I don’t want, and back on the things I do. It’s an instant mood lifter that keeps things in perspective for me. It never takes much to find something that’s a blessing.
Today I am grateful for:
1. The sound of rain on the roof as I go to sleep, and rain as I wake up.
2. The warmth of the fire, and the sweet smell of woodsmoke in the cold winter air. (I’m also grateful for my husband, who chops the wood and loads the wheelbarrow, and stokes the fire for me!)
3. Chai tea, enough for two, sipped from big bowls, with just a dusting of cinnamon.
4. My Meyer Lemon tree, and its abundance of luscious fruit. And the fresh Lemon Curd I can spread on my morning toast!
5. The Byron Bay Farmers’ Markets, and the dedication of our local growers to grow or make the best seasonal fresh produce.
6. My Kindle, and being able to snuggle under the doona while it’s raining outside, sipping chai and reading books.
8. Writing. It is my greatest love, and the thing that wakes me up in the middle of the night, brimful of ideas. I am also grateful for my Sisters, who keep me loved up, supported and connected in this often lonely game.
9. Black Tourmaline which grounds and nurtures, and feels wonderful to have tucked up within my aura.
10. Trees. My little farmhouse is cradled by hundred year old trees who whisper their secrets, one to another, and add an incredible energy to this place and to me.
How about you? What do you have to be thankful for today? Go on – count them off on your fingers! Wishing you many Blessings, Nicole xx