“Take time daily to reflect on how much you have. It may not be all that you want but remember someone somewhere is dreaming to have what you have.” ~Germany Kent
This morning I’m counting my Blessings. Such a simple thing to do, and it always makes me feel richer. I like to count them off on my fingers – a tangible act, and a way of really anchoring their truth in my life. Blessings to me are always the simple things in life, and often the things we take for granted. Even on the worst of days we can find something to be grateful for. Counting blessings gets my attention OFF the things I don’t want, and back on the things I do. It’s an instant mood lifter that keeps things in perspective for me. It never takes much to find something that’s a blessing.
Today I am grateful for:
1. The sound of wind in the trees as I go to sleep, and birdsong as I wake up.
2. The warmth of the fire, and the sweet smell of woodsmoke in the cold morning air. (I’m also grateful for my husband, who chops the wood and loads the wheelbarrow, and stokes the fire for me!)
3. Chai tea, enough for two, sipped from big bowls, with just a dusting of cinnamon.
4. My Meyer Lemon tree, and its abundance of luscious fruit. And the fresh Lemon Curd I can spread on my morning toast!
5. Farmers’ Markets, and the dedication of our local growers to grow or make the best seasonal fresh produce.
6. My Kindle, and being able to snuggle under the doona on a lazy morning, sipping chai and reading books.
7. My dogs, Rufous and Harry, for their love and companionship.
8. Writing. It is my greatest love, and the thing that wakes me up in the middle of the night, brimful of ideas.
9. Red Jasper which grounds and nurtures, and feels wonderful to have tucked up within my aura.
10. Trees. My little farmhouse is cradled by hundred-year-old trees who whisper their secrets, one to another, and add an incredible energy to this place and to me.
How about you? What do you have to be thankful for today? Go on – count them off on your fingers!
Wishing you many Blessings, Nicole ❤ xx
5 thoughts on “Things to be thankful for…”
Oh how I miss waking up to birdsong in Australia!
However, today I am thankful for the cacophony of colours that autumn brings with it, from red berries to amber leaves, the deepness of the evergreens contrasting against the swirling grey clouds of Scotland, and everything in between x
Be thankful for the little things in life
We have all something to be greatefull ❤️
I too am grateful for your blog, Nicole. When I need inspiration for myself or others, it’s words of wisdom are sitting just waiting to be shared 🙏💫
One of my blessings is you! Reading your blog in the morning is always a good thing. xSimone