“Get yourself grounded and you can navigate even the stormiest roads in peace.”
~ Steve Goodier
You may be aware that the Earth has experienced some fairly intensive geomagnetic storms and solar flares just recently.
The energy of those storms has passed, but there is still an energetic residue that we are dealing with, the effects of which may last a couple more weeks.
Most people are feeling an easing, and a softening. They are feeling more balanced and hopeful. But a few sensitive souls seem to be still stuck in their heads. They might be feeling not quite in their bodies or not quite grounded.
And there’s a good reason for that.
Geomagnetic storms bombard the earth’s atmosphere with electrically charged electrons and protons, creating positively charged ions. These tiny particles interact with the earth’s crust, which is usually negatively charged, and when the bombardment is intense the skin of the earth may end up with a neutral or positive charge for a short time.
What does that mean for you? You may find it hard to ground yourself to the earth right now. Energy that would normally be discharged through your feet instead stays within the body, going round and round in a feedback loop. That will change as the polarity and charge of the ground reverts to normal, but I have a few tips to help you manage until then.
When your feet chakras are blocked it puts additional stress on your liver and digestive system, making it harder for your body to detox and heal. It can also make you overly sensitive to caffeine and alcohol, and foods you would not normally react too, as these substances take so much longer to transit and exit your body. You can also have digestive issues, bloating, rising tension and become so emotionally over-stimulated so that you move into hyper-sensitivity.
Here are my top eight suggestions to open and clear those feet chakras, leaving you balanced and grounded:
- Massage sesame oil into your feet for a few minutes before you go to bed. This helps to drain all of that spinning energy down into your feet, and the out through your foot chakras. It will also promote a more restful night’s sleep. Rubbing firmly (not so it hurts!) over the top of the foot eases tension in the mind, chest and throat. As you press from the little toe down to the heel you release tension along your shoulders and arms. Gentle sliding pressure on your instep releases energy in the spine. When you work the heel you release tension in the belly. Finally, rub the instep in a circular motion to open and drain the foot chakra. Apply a little extra oil if it is needed, as it will absorb into the skin of your feet.
- Sesame oil with a few drops of cedarwood and frankincense essential oils – If you’re feeling disconnected from your intuition and emotions, this blend rubbed into the soles of both feet with help you to release and open the foot chakras and reconnect you to your heart and higher self
- Sesame oil with a drop or two of vetiver – If you’re experiencing anxiety, panic or a sense of discomfort you can’t put your finger one, this blend rubbed into the soles of your feet will open your foot chakras and desensitize your overwrought nervous system so that you come back into balance.
- Coconut oil with ylang ylang – Feel like you’ve been hit by a Mack Truck? Coconut oil and ylang ylang work to counter anger, stress, frustration, exhaustion and will gently restore confidence and a sense of inner peace.
- Black tourmaline – This is a fabulous crystal to carry in your pocket, to hold in your hands, or to grid around your bed when the energies are unsettled. It firmly connects you back into your body and grounds you into the earth, giving a sense of safety and protection. Soak a black tourmaline in your sesame oil? Fantastic!!!
- Hematite – Rub a tumbled hematite over the soles of your feet and foot chakras, finishing with that circular motion over the chakras in your soles. Hematite will open and clear the foot chakras like pulling the plug out from a bathtub of water. This is a great one to use during the day, and can be done at work. Terrific if you spend a lot of time in front of a computer.
- Epsom Salts and Crystal Foot Soak – Fill a small tub with warm water, a few tumbled stones, and up to a cup of Epsom Salts (pure magnesium crystals). Place your feet in the tub and use the stones to give the underside of your feet a gentle massage. This will release your feet chakras and give your body a hit of that calming mineral – magnesium. Perfect for soothing a frazzled nervous system, cleansing your aura and realigning all your chakras. Feel free to add essential oil to your foot soak, and to follow with a sesame oil rub for some deep self-care.
- Stand barefoot in a river, stream or ocean for at least five minutes. Press and gently rub your feet on the bottom to open and activate your feet chakras. Moving water maintains a negative charge. Perfect for what you need right now.
Once this energy has cleared, you’ll be able to ground and work with your foot chakras in the usual way. You can read more about that here:
Unblocking and Grounding your Foot Chakras
It only takes a few minutes to work with your foot chakras, but those few minutes are a significant act of love and nurture that will truly help you to stay strong, centred and grounded so that you can live in a way that is satisfying and which helps you be your best self. Please don’t give yourself a hard time about the way you’ve been feeling. Celebrate the fact that you are an energetically sensitive soul!
*Need help to find the best quality therapeutic oils? Contact me here