“The safest place to be during an earthquake would be in a stationary store.”
~ George Carlin,
In Australia we’ve had a string of small earthquakes in the past few days. Seismic activity like this can be very unsettling for energetically sensitive people.
In the days before an earthquake, volcanic eruption or other shift in the earth’s crust, positive ions build up beneath the surface and start leaking through fissures, making their way to the surface. Vast electrical currents travel through the liquids and rocks beneath our feet, generating more and more of these positive ions. Before an extreme seismic event it is thought that the flood of positive ions into the atmosphere is what warns animals to move to safer ground before an earthquake, eruption or tsunami.
Positive ions in the air can have a profound negative affect on all animals, including humans. They disturb sleep patterns, raising serotonin levels and disturbing hormones and normal brain function. They cause agitation, hyperactivity, restlessness, irritability and mental confusion. They generate feelings of fatigue that is not restored by normal sleep, and they can lower the immunity.
Usually, to ground or earth ourselves, we can simply stand barefoot on the earth. The earth’s crust normally holds a negative charge and infuses our body with negative ions which reduce inflammation within our bodies and restore sleep cycles. But when the earth is undergoing seismic activity or solar flares the surface becomes momentarily positive. We can’t ground, and we feel this disconnection as a disturbing energetic build-up inside us.
In the meantime, until the earth’s energy stabilises again, there are things we can do to help ourselves become re-grounded:
- Drink water with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda and 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar – this will neutralise the static electricity in you. Don’t have more than 2 doses of this in a day.
- Hold or carry a red jasper or a black tourmaline – or both if you have them
- Make a grid of 4 stones for your bed – use hematite, carnelian or any jasper. No quartz! Activate with red light. Don’t know how? Go here – How to Build a Crystal Grid
- Rub Sesame Oil onto the soles of your feet
- Use Lavender oil for calming your limbic system – inhale or rub on soles of feet.
For additional help and information read these posts: