“In a flash of wonderment she saw firm, continuous ground under her feet, stretching from back then to right now and on and on as far as her eyes could take her.”
~ Ann Brashares, The Second Summer of the Sisterhood
Ever felt any of the following?
- Vague, disconnected and disoriented.
- Spaced out, especially when doing meditation or other forms of spiritual connection.
- Full of ideas but either can’t make a decision or can’t follow anything through from concept to completion.
- Don’t hold healings, or chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture treatments etc for more than a few hours before the good results all dissipate.
- Feel like you are exhausted even after a good night’s sleep.
- Slow to heal.
- Can’t seem to work out who you are or what you want.
If you answered yes to any of these you could be experiencing blocked foot chakras. On the underside of your foot, in your instep, is a large energy centre known as your foot chakra. This chakra works strongly to earth your base chakra. When the chakra is open, activated and grounded it also helps balance and energise all other chakras in the body.
These simple steps can help you to unblock and activate the chakras in your feet.
1. Take a large tub of warm water and place a number of smooth stones or tumbled crystals in the bottom. Place your bare feet in the water and roll your feet over the stones until they feel energised.
I like to use a variety of crystals that work with each of the major chakras so that I have a rainbow of colour. But I always advise you just to use what you are drawn to. Trust that your own soul knows best what it is you need.
2. Dry your feet and then stand barefoot upon the earth. Look down at your feet and visualise the chakra in the sole of your foot spinning and opening and energetically connecting into the energy of the Earth. Really allow yourself to feel this connection.
3. Shake the tension out of your hands, loosen your shoulders and give your body a good energetic shake out.
4. Now raise your arms up to the sky and draw that energy of the sun and the moon and the stars down in through your hands and the top of your head.
5. Draw the energy of the earth up through your feet and your base chakra. Feel strong like a well grounded tree, roots deep down into the earth.
6. Have all of the energy meet at your heart; healing, balancing and empowering your entire body.
7. Finally, nurture and nourish your foot chakras and help anchor that grounded energy by rubbing a few drops of pure sesame oil into the soles of your feet. Sesame oil also helps us open to abundance and to be comfortable with flow and positive manifestation.
Working with your foot chakras is a simple act of self nurture than can give lasting benefits and improved well-being on all levels.
Bless ♥ Nicole xx