“We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.”
― May Sarton
“I’m the Boss of Me!” ~ Nicole Cody, aged 5
Hello, and welcome to Week Four of our Chakra Journal Challenge!
Every Tuesday in March and April I will post a Journal for you, based upon a journey through the main chakras. You don’t need to know anything about journalling, chakras, crystals, oracle cards or energy work. I’ll explain everything that you need to do each week. Then you’ll have a week to complete the simple activities I share.
If you’re only just joining us please go back and read my Orientation Post first.
About the Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus Chakra is located at our belly button, and it is bright yellow in colour. It’s the place where our sense of self-identity resides. It is where our personal power, integrity and self-esteem are anchored. It’s the ‘I AM’ centre of our body.
When our Solar Plexus Chakra is balanced we feel calm, energised, clear and certain about who we are and where we are going in life. We have confidence, vitality and purpose. We demonstrate self-control and sovereignty in our lives. We can also mentor and lead others from this space. Life is meaningful and we have gratitude for ourselves and our lives.
When our Solar Plexus Chakra is unbalanced we go one of two ways. For some our self-esteem and confidence can drop, we feel flat and tired, and we may be lost and confused about what is best for us and which direction to take. We make poor choices and don’t seem to care or be able to stop ourselves even though we are aware of our patterns. Some people with an unbalanced Solar Plexus Chakra swing the other way and become stubborn,obsessive, intolerant, narrow-minded, bossy and overbearing. These people become workaholics who are relentlessly driven and who take no joy from life.
Image from www.habemus.social
Each week of this nine week challenge will follow the same format:
- We will begin with the short guided meditation for the week, using your guidance stone. During this meditation you’ll be given a colour to work with for the week, and a word or phrase.
- We will choose an oracle card to give us inspiration and direction for the week ahead.
- We will spend ten minutes (or more if desired!) to complete our weekly journal prompt.
- We will give ourselves healing energy at least once this week.
- We will spend a few moments at the end of our day in gratitude.
You’ll need twelve minutes to listen to this short guided meditation. Feel free to hold your crystal while you meditate.
Please note that I’ve been under the weather with an awful tummy bug for the past week, so I was unable to record a new meditation. Instead I am using an old recording (it’s still a good one!) but it does not specifically cover the power word and power colour. That’s okay – just set your intention that your power word and power colour will come to you during or at the end of this meditation, and then proceed as usual. When the meditation is complete, write down your power colour and your power word or phrase for the week in your journal.
Now answer the following questions, writing as little or as much as you need:
- What does your Power Colour mean to you? What words or ideas does it provoke? Write them down. Then use that colour to boost your energy. Shut your eyes for thirty seconds and breathe it into your body whenever you feel a bit flat or low. Wear it as clothing. Choose flowers in your colour. Eat food that colour. Be creative with it.
- How can you use your Power Word this week? Write a few ideas, based on your word. Trust whatever comes and write it down. Don’t overthink it.
Want to go deeper with your journalling? Try these additional prompts. Write the beginning of the sentence and then keep going, using stream of consciousness. Do one or all of them. You’ll be amazed what you might discover about yourself!
- When I connect into the energy of my Solar Plexus Chakra it makes me strong to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Solar Plexus Chakra it makes me scared to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Solar Plexus Chakra it makes me curious to think that…
- When I connect into the energy of my Solar Plexus Chakra it makes me excited to think that…
Your Chakra Card For The Week:
Take your chosen oracle or tarot cards, offer up a small prayer that whatever you do be for your Highest Good, and then shuffle the deck. As you’re shuffling, ask the question ‘What wisdom does my Solar Plexus Chakra have for me this week?’ Say it out loud or hold it as a thought in your head. Either will work.
Choose one card. How you choose is up to you. Split the deck. Fan them out. Top or bottom. Dive right in. There is no right or wrong.
Now look at your card and hold your guidance stone in your non-writing hand. Really look at the card. Don’t use the book or the ‘proper’ meaning. We are being intuitive here, people! What stands out for you in the picture? What thoughts and ideas do the images provoke? Take a minute or two and write those thoughts down. I know, you might feel like you’re just making it all up. That’s okay. Write anyway. Trust that there is a part of you that is wise and that has been waiting for this chance to speak with your conscious mind.
Here’s an example of my first journal pages for the Solar Plexus Chakra.
Hands On Healing:
This week our hands-on healing is simple, easy and powerful. It’s a great healing to do last thing at night, in bed, just before we go to sleep.
- Lie in bed, on your back, comfortable and with a straight spine.
- Shake out your hands and activate your hand chakras. (Can’t remember how? Go back and review our Orientation Post)
- Place your hands on your belly on either side of your navel. Let bright yellow light flow from your hands into your abdomen like sunshine. You make also see or feel golden sparks. That’s great! Feel the energy moving through your belly and body, healing, energising and harmonising you.
- Concentrate that energy on your belly first, and then take the energy further though your body, wherever it feels most needed.
- Fall asleep, knowing that you will still be healing as you sleep.
You can also do this healing when you first wake up. Enjoy!
The Gratitude Rock anchors positive energy and gratitude at the end of every day. You can carry your stone with you, or leave it beside your bed. At night, before you go to sleep, hold your Gratitude Rock in your hand.
As you hold the stone say to yourself: I am richly Blessed. I have an Abundance of Good in my life. Then hold in your mind one or more image of a thing you have been grateful for today. Swell that positive energy up in your heart like a beautiful golden light, and give a heart-felt Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to the Universe. Visualise a tiny shower of golden light travelling from your heart into your Gratitude Rock.
Now here’s the fun bit – imagine all of the other people who are taking part in this journalling challenge with you. Once again build up a strong positive energy in your heart, and then imagine shooting a stream of golden light out into the Universe to those people.
Say Thank you. I Bless You. I intend for you Love, Miracles and Abundance.Know that as you are saying this for them, they are also saying this for you. Feel that connection and gratitude and know that there is real love and support for you here. Place your rock back beside your bed, and go to sleep, cocooned in this good energy.
Win a Prize!
Last week’s journal prize winner is Bernice Piotrowski. Paula, please contact my wonderful PA, Dana, at email@example.com so she can send your crystals out to you!
Come visit us over at facebook. If you like us and post a pic of your journal, crystal and cards this week on our facebook page or if you like and tag us in on your pic over at Instagram you’ll be in the running to win a cool crystal prize!
Week Four’s prize is a citrine and a carnelian crystal, hand-chosen by me, and all juiced up from being in that recent big crystal grid on my farm. Delicious! ❤ Entries close on Monday 3 April at 6pm Brisbane, Australia time. I’ll announce this week’s winner on next week’s Challenge post.
See you next week, ready to explore the fifth chakra in the Chakra Journal Challenge!
Love and hugs, Nicole ❤ xoxo