“A good time occurs precisely when we lose track of what time it is.”
~ Robert Farrar Capon
This is a super little recipe – it’s healthy, quick to make, and utterly yummy. You’ll find that it goes perfectly with afternoon tea, as canapes with drinks, or for a plate to share.
With the holiday season coming up, this recipe is a no-brainer for easy entertaining, and it’s so simple the kids can make it!
These goodies are gluten-free, and for people who are cows’ milk intolerant they are a very appreciated addition to a snacks platter.
12 small mushrooms, 1/2 cup soft goats cheese, a mixture of fresh chopped herbs to make 2 tablespoons (I used garlic chives and parsley), one teaspoon of smoked paprika and a little extra fresh herb for garnish (I used parsley)
Note: The flavour of the smoked paprika really makes this dish, so do try to use it if you can!
- Remove stalks from mushrooms. Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp cloth, or peel the outer skin if you prefer.
- Place goat cheese and chopped herbs in a small bowl and mix together with a fork.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the herbed cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika and garnish with a little extra herb of your choice.
- Serve, or store in fridge until needed.