“Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, “It might have been”.”
~ Kurt Vonnegut
- Ben and I came home from holidays with the world’s worst gastro bug.
- Due to illness-induced misery coupled with jet lag and insomnia, I was only ever awake at ridiculous o’clock, and never at blogging central time.
- Somewhere in the midst of all the misery I vomited so hard that I tore internal scar tissue and adhesions from my recent abdominal surgery. Ouch!
- I ended up with infection and high fevers which caused hallucinations and complete loss of time and space.
- The outside world ceased to exist, and all my plans were forgotten.
I am feeling a little more human as of yesterday. So, normal blog scheduling will now resume. Along with naps, self-care, cups of tea, bone broth, plain foods and probiotics.
We’re in the city still. Our suitcases remain in the middle of the lounge-room floor and we haven’t even unpacked yet. Maybe today? Meanwhile our little farm is an island, all flooded in by ex-tropical cyclone Debbie.
Life is indeed a glorious adventure!
Thanks for all the messages of concern when I missed blogging for a few days. You know me well. I only ever miss a post if something’s up. But really, we’re doing much better now.
Biggest love and hugs,
Nicole ❤ xx