The lovely danLrene from Work the Dream has nominated me for The Very Inspiring Blogger award. Thanks Deb! You’re a wonderful inspiration.
I’m honoured, and truth be told, a little mystified that in the 89 days since I’ve started this blog I’ve had more than 23 000 hits already. Thank you, everyone, for supporting me, and for taking the time to visit and read my posts. I’m so glad you’re here to share the journey.
As per the rules of this award, here are seven things you probably don’t know about me:
- I won the Spotless Catering Award for my Rural Tourism thesis at Uni. It was announced at our Graduation Ceremony to uproarious laughter which drowned out what the actual award was for. (Spotless Catering was the company who stumped up the prize money.) Even now I still get teased about being a spotless caterer.
- I can’t ride a bicycle and have hopeless balance.
- I am secretly in love with Kermit the Frog.
- I have worked as a shearer’s cook, had my own catering company, and love to cook in a camp oven over an open fire.
- I wish that I could breathe underwater, and am living out my mermaid fantasies in the current children’s book I am writing. Scuba diving is a poor second but is better than staying on the surface!
- I see auras and energy around all living things. It just happened. I woke up on my thirtieth birthday and could see coloured energy around people. On my fortieth birthday I woke up to see auras and energy fields around plants and animals. (It freaked me out so much the first day or so that I couldn’t walk on the grass or eat real food! It’s okay – I’m used to it now.)
- I have often dreamed about places I have never been, and then googled them and found out they are real.
The seven inspiring blogs I nominate (and which I do hope you visit!) are:
Sherryl Cook – for a dose of courage, grace and honesty
Sweet Mother – for a daily fix of humour, pathos and reality
Lorna’s Tearoom Delights – for tearoom reviews, pictures of tasty treats, taste tests and wonderful countryside ramblings
Lightning Droplets – for writing inspiration and lovely wordiness
Five Reflections – for wonderful haiku poetry
Sarah takes pictures – for beautiful images that delight the senses
Emmycooks – for delicious recipes you really can make at home
27 thoughts on “My second blogging gong – The Very Inspiring Blogger Award”
Thank you 😀
Congratulations! That’s awesome! and I fully agree, you’re an inspiration 🙂
Thanks so much! 😀 ♥
Congrats! You deserve it (-:
Thank you Elisa! ♥
Thank you so much! xx
Congratulations Nicole So well deserved! I knew the first time I read one of your posts that I wanted to follow your blog. I believe it was the second day after I started mine.
Thank you so much for the nomination! I am truly flattered and maybe blushing just a bit. It is definitely an ego booster for sure! I’ve only been blogging a short time but have fallen madly in love with it. you are a jewel.
Who’s blushing now!!! Thanks Sherryl – loving your blog too. Hooray for total lovefests ♥
Congrats…so happy for you…it is very well deserved and I just LOVE waking to your blog every morning…big hugs to U..X
Well that makes me getting up at stoopid o’clock to write it all worthwhile 😀
That’s my morning routine now – 4am meditate, then blog. I actually look forward to it each morning!
Congratulations Nicole, I love your blog and was put onto it by by daughter Lucy, son Sam and son-in-law Alan with whom you have done wonderful sessions. Bless you for putting your words of wisdom, stories that resonate, and delicious recipes out to inspire our day.
Thank you, Jenny! You have a wonderful family – all so talented and creative and inspiring ♥
Congratulations Nicole, a well deserved nomination I love reading your blog and do so everyday. In fact I look forward to it! 🙂
What a lovely thing to say! Thank you ♥ xx
Congrats on your award, well done. 😀
Thank you! I’m feeling quite smiley about it! 😀
Congratulations Nicole. It is well deserved!!!
Gee, thank you Nikky. I guess I’ll just keep writing…
Thanks for all your support ♥
Congratulations on your award Nicole, very well deserved, and thank you so much for nominating me! I love the blogger badge you get with this award – lovely! Funnily enough, I’m due to choose bloggers for another award and you’re on my list for that so I’ll be returning the favour very soon. I’m not at all surprised you’ve had so many hits, you write so wonderfully and touch so many people with your words. A very interesing and surprising seven points, and that 7th one is really incredible. Do you get names in your dreams? How do you know where they are to Google them?
I do get names in my dreams, but sometimes I just know where I am. Like my dreams about Carthage. I dreamt of it often as a very small girl, and even drew pictures of my villa. Although I was a child, I dreamt that I was a young woman. They were always happy and comforting dreams. When I found an old journal years later I googled Carthage and there it was, this old pile of ruins. It looked nothing like my dreams, except for the ocean and countryside. It gave me goosebumps, and made me want to stand there in that history and claim some part of it in my heart.
How incredible. What do you make of it?
I could pose that question for my whole life, Lorna… Sometimes I think past life connections or memories, other times I have no idea. I also used to draw images of myself as a big tall lady with cow ears, and a magical necklace. As a grown up I had a copy of the necklace made. Maybe I’ll blog about that tomorrow. It’s an interesting story.
I’m intrigued! Everyone is unique but you do have some pretty unusual things going on in your life and you use what you have very positively, which is a real inspiration.I’m looking forward to that story.
Well thank u for that, sweet lady. I’ve mentioned u over at my blog today too. 🙂 – mother
😀 – I love your blog, sweetmother, so you’d better keep writing!!!