The lovely danLrene from Work the Dream has nominated me for The Very Inspiring Blogger award. Thanks Deb! You’re a wonderful inspiration.
I’m honoured, and truth be told, a little mystified that in the 89 days since I’ve started this blog I’ve had more than 23 000 hits already. Thank you, everyone, for supporting me, and for taking the time to visit and read my posts. I’m so glad you’re here to share the journey.
As per the rules of this award, here are seven things you probably don’t know about me:
- I won the Spotless Catering Award for my Rural Tourism thesis at Uni. It was announced at our Graduation Ceremony to uproarious laughter which drowned out what the actual award was for. (Spotless Catering was the company who stumped up the prize money.) Even now I still get teased about being a spotless caterer.
- I can’t ride a bicycle and have hopeless balance.
- I am secretly in love with Kermit the Frog.
- I have worked as a shearer’s cook, had my own catering company, and love to cook in a camp oven over an open fire.
- I wish that I could breathe underwater, and am living out my mermaid fantasies in the current children’s book I am writing. Scuba diving is a poor second but is better than staying on the surface!
- I see auras and energy around all living things. It just happened. I woke up on my thirtieth birthday and could see coloured energy around people. On my fortieth birthday I woke up to see auras and energy fields around plants and animals. (It freaked me out so much the first day or so that I couldn’t walk on the grass or eat real food! It’s okay – I’m used to it now.)
- I have often dreamed about places I have never been, and then googled them and found out they are real.
The seven inspiring blogs I nominate (and which I do hope you visit!) are:
Sherryl Cook – for a dose of courage, grace and honesty
Sweet Mother – for a daily fix of humour, pathos and reality
Lorna’s Tearoom Delights – for tearoom reviews, pictures of tasty treats, taste tests and wonderful countryside ramblings
Lightning Droplets – for writing inspiration and lovely wordiness
Five Reflections – for wonderful haiku poetry
Sarah takes pictures – for beautiful images that delight the senses
Emmycooks – for delicious recipes you really can make at home