“Like all magnificent things, it’s very simple.”Natalie Babbitt
This is a great quick dinner idea if you enjoy salmon. You need just a couple of ingredients, and then a few simple sides. The cream cheese makes a flavourful and rich topping, and the crunch of the almonds gives a great textural contrast. I used a jacket potato and fresh asparagus as sides, but it would also work well with a fresh green salad too.
It’s fancy enough to serve if you are entertaining, and easy enough to make as an everyday dinner at home.
I made this recipe using a hot chilli cream cheese, but if you don’t like chilli try a garlic or herb flavoured cream cheese instead.
Much love, Nicole xx
Ingredients to serve two
- 2 fresh salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 2 tablespoons softened chilli cream cheese (or regular cream cheese with some added chilli flakes or a slug of Tabasco sauce) or a herb or garlic flavoured cream cheese if you don’t like chilli
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons of almond slivers
- Preheat oven to: 200 degrees Celcius – 400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Place the salmon fillets skin side down on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Mash the butter, chives and cream cheese together with a fork. Divide into two portions. Spread over each fillet.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the cream cheese.
- Bake for ten minutes (you may need up to fifteen minutes if fillets are thick).
Serve with the sides of your choice.