“Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.”
~ Thích Nhất Hạnh
Meditation doesn’t have to be complicated or long.
This is a soothing and energising technique that is simple to understand and that can bring a sense of increased calm and peace in as little as a few minutes. It really helps to ground you and get you back into your body.
Here’s all you have to do:
- Stand or sit in a relaxed way, with your feet firmly on the ground. Become aware of your feet, and of the front of your body. Breathe through your nose.
- On your next in-breath, imagine that you are drawing the breath up from the earth, through your feet and all the way up into your head. Imagine your breath like a wave running up onto the shore.
- On your out-breath, exhale through your mouth, feeling the air travel down the outside of your body. Imagine your breath like a wave rolling away from the shore and back into the ocean.
- Keep breathing in and out with this awareness. Really feel the energy run into and up your body and then out of and down again.
- Follow your breath. Let every in-breath energise and restore you, and every out-breathe relax and cleanse you.
4 thoughts on “A Simple Breath Meditation for Stress, Anxiety and Fatigue”
Thank you Nicole. Have a beautiful relaxing day xx
Thank you so much for the things you post! Just before I read this, I was standing in my kitchen crying. My heartache is so profound that it overwhelms me sometimes. I do forget to breathe. I appreciate that you keep us all in your thoughts. Blessings
I do this except I like to lay down while I am doing it I can’t stand for very long about 2-3 minutes at a time and sitting is better but I have long liked to lay down and focus on my breathing to me it is so relaxing