“To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
~ Elizabeth Gilbert
Things people have said to me when I told them I am a psychic:
- I don’t have a problem with it but you shouldn’t tell people or they might judge you. It’s pretty flaky to say you’re a psychic.
- But you seem surprisingly intelligent…
- God will smite you and your family. Repent!
- That’s incredible. You seem so normal.
- You can come to our barbeque on the weekend? Great. But is it okay if you don’t tell my friends what you do? Because one is a lawyer and one is a surgeon and they’re both really smart and they
won’tunderstand someone like you. And they won’tunderstand why I am friends with you. Just tell them you’re a writer. Okay?
- Did something bad happen to you as a child?
- Can you tell me if this guy is into me or is he cheating on me?
- What’s this rash?
- Oh man! Don’t say that. You can’t say that. That’s so offensive. Can’t you tell people you are emotionally aware or something like that?
- You’re kidding me, right? I thought you were normal.
- You seem so balanced.
- Are you bi-polar or something?
- No-one will ever take you seriously EVER again.
- OMG, that’s so embarrassing, Nicole. Shut up! Never speak of it again. No, I’m not kidding. Don’t ever talk to me about this again.
But there’s also been this:
- My dog died, and he was my best friend in the world. Can you tell me if he’s okay?
- When my nana died she came to visit me in my room. I was only five but I still remember it. No-one believed me. Do you think that was real?
- I sometimes get these feelings about people – you know, a good feeling or a bad feeling – and it turns out to be right. Is that normal?
- I always know when my mum is about to ring me.
- One night I couldn’t stop thinking about my friend from high school. I hadn’t thought about her for years. The next day I heard she died in an accident that same night. I thought I could tell you that.
- I knew I was pregnant from that very first day and I knew I would have a son. This is him. His name is Cole.
- Whispers to me, ‘I have crystals in my bra’.
- I think I might be psychic too. Can you help me?
If you’re psychic, intuitive, empathic or energetically sensitive I want you to know that it’s okay. You’re fine, just as you are. Be proud of who you are. There are more of us out there than you realise!
All my love, Nicole ❤ xx
25 thoughts on “Things People Have Said To Me When They Found Out I Am Psychic”
I actually have a question about being psychic. Is there a way I could ask you some questions?
You be you! I have received similar comments, with a look that portends the gates of hell or doomsday at the very least, “Don’t talk about that in public.” Or, “ I want to be friends but I am a Christian, and so are my other friends. That old Satan is the one you are hearing from, he is a master of disguise.” 🤮. But mixed in, also some encouraging comments from others. Interesting how many alternate worlds exist, even on this plane.
Thank you, lovelies, for all your beautiful comments. Biggest hugs to you, and thank you for being in my life xx
If you were my best friend I would be so proud of your gift and tell everyone.. small minds is what is wrong with this world..if everyone was a bit more open and tolerant, the world would be a more peaceful place ❤️.
I am sorry for all of the nitwits out there in the world…..they are just scared little puppies. I love your gifts that you share with the world and for you the wholeness of who you are! I treasure you in my life, your stories and your wisdom. We are all rising in awareness and the fools just haven’t caught up yet!
Don´t mind. The people who matter will understand. Besides it depends on their own consciousness. I have the same problem with being highly sensitive. For a long time I was convinced something is wrong with me. But I´m getting more and more strong and self confidend. As Gloria Gaynor sings: Life is not worth a damn till you can say hey world I am what I am.
Nicole, I love you and I love that you are psychic and that you tell the world. I am so very grateful for you. xx
You are such a Beautiful soul, both inside, and out! This picture of you especially highlights just how beautiful you are outside!!! You are such an inspiration to all of us, the ones that have the gift and understand it, and the ones barely discovering it. I always look forward to each & every one of your e-mails, as I always can connect to everything you are going through. Thank you for always being so genuine and truthful about EVERYTHING you are going through, (BOTH THE GOOD AND THE BAD)!!! That is the TRUEST thing that the WORLD NEEDS right now!!! Many of the youngsters haven’t lived through the toughest things, so sharing this knowledge is like finding GOLD!!! Please keep on sharing YOUR knowledge, blessings, and hard times with the world – because you are making one helluva impact!!!
I love your new Cauldron’s & Cupcakes photo of your eyes… Soooo awesome. (and the full head shot is of course gorgeous). I’ve noticed that people are either intimidated or grateful for authentic people who speaks their truth… and some people aren’t ready for it or you. Thank you for writing this balanced account of what happens to you. So grateful you let us into your world and that you are in ours. Sending you lots of love xoxoxoxo
How about “What are you, a witch?” I rarely say anything about my abilities, but I think I’ve heard this one twice now. Love this post, btw! 🙂
I think you are blessed to have such a gift and it is just who you are
So grateful having you in this world. Thank you for being you….
The surgeon and lawyer are smart 😂😂😂😂😂! I’ve worked with many doctors and I can tell you now they are not that smart! They may have a uni degree but man are some of them as thick as two planks! I hope you told them you were a psychic and that later on that night you’ll be standing around your cauldron brewing up a few spells 😂😂😂. Stay proud of who you are. The world needs more people like you x
It seems so normal to me! I believe everyone is psychic to at least a certain extent but some just block it and deny it.💖🐓🐜🦋🐨🌳
On Tuesday this week I was running (not teaching) a workshop. I welcomed the trainer and showed her the amenities around the training room (toilets/coffee) and said that if there was an evacuation to just follow instructions. I wouldn’t normally think about that, but on Tuesday – I don’t know, it just seemed to be a necessary part of the briefing. Lo and behold, there was a false alarm that caused an evacuation!
I totally forgave any strange looks I got after that.
“Whispers I have crystals in my bra…”. So classic and so TRUE. I have a feeling there are a lot more crystals being carried around in a bra than people realize….
That’s where mine is!
I’m so blessed you are in my life xx
You are a very beautiful soul, both in & out and you are a blessing and gift to the world. Thank you for the giggles of the list 🙂
Brightest Blessings xx
Everyone is psychic, but most people stifle the gifts by various addictions. You’re blessed to be able to accept yourself as you are. I’m also highly ‘psychic’ and empathic, always a balancing act to be around sleepy people. I require a lot of alone time to recharge! Blessings to you, Nicole.
I am a psychic medium and I can tick off all of the items stated and even more. People are amazing.
I feel that you are so lucky to have this wonderful gift.
OMG! There are some weird people out there and you so are not one of them! Big hugs and love xo
Beautiful wise woman you are Nic. I’m so glad you are in THE world and in my world.