“To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
~ Elizabeth Gilbert
Things people have said to me when I told them I am a psychic:
- I don’t have a problem with it but you shouldn’t tell people or they might judge you. It’s pretty flaky to say you’re a psychic.
- But you seem surprisingly intelligent…
- God will smite you and your family. Repent!
- That’s incredible. You seem so normal.
- You can come to our barbeque on the weekend? Great. But is it okay if you don’t tell my friends what you do? Because one is a lawyer and one is a surgeon and they’re both really smart and they
won’tunderstand someone like you. And they won’tunderstand why I am friends with you. Just tell them you’re a writer. Okay?
- Did something bad happen to you as a child?
- Can you tell me if this guy is into me or is he cheating on me?
- What’s this rash?
- Oh man! Don’t say that. You can’t say that. That’s so offensive. Can’t you tell people you are emotionally aware or something like that?
- You’re kidding me, right? I thought you were normal.
- You seem so balanced.
- Are you bi-polar or something?
- No-one will ever take you seriously EVER again.
- OMG, that’s so embarrassing, Nicole. Shut up! Never speak of it again. No, I’m not kidding. Don’t ever talk to me about this again.
But there’s also been this:
- My dog died, and he was my best friend in the world. Can you tell me if he’s okay?
- When my nana died she came to visit me in my room. I was only five but I still remember it. No-one believed me. Do you think that was real?
- I sometimes get these feelings about people – you know, a good feeling or a bad feeling – and it turns out to be right. Is that normal?
- I always know when my mum is about to ring me.
- One night I couldn’t stop thinking about my friend from high school. I hadn’t thought about her for years. The next day I heard she died in an accident that same night. I thought I could tell you that.
- I knew I was pregnant from that very first day and I knew I would have a son. This is him. His name is Cole.
- Whispers to me, ‘I have crystals in my bra’.
- I think I might be psychic too. Can you help me?
If you’re psychic, intuitive, empathic or energetically sensitive I want you to know that it’s okay. You’re fine, just as you are. Be proud of who you are. There are more of us out there than you realise!
All my love, Nicole ❤ xx