“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
~ Mother Teresa
There are a few things that have helped me to feel human again in the past twenty-four hours after days of being wretchedly ill. Such simple things, but they nurtured me, body and soul:
- a long hot shower, with neem oil soap made by a friend to soothe my burning, itchy skin
- clean sheets; fresh and soft and smelling still of sunshine
- clean pyjamas; old favourites – warm and comfortable
- a cup of milky tea – after a few days of no food it was bliss to sip and savour
- vegemite on toast – just a few bites, buttery and the vegemite not too thick
- an open window, and a gentle breeze
- lots and lots of sleep
The clean sheets and pyjamas were waiting for me after my shower. The tea and toast followed after I was tucked up in bed again.
It’s the simple things, always the simple things, that bring comfort, a sense of safety, and the knowledge you are loved.
What simple things can you do for yourself, or a loved one today? Everyone benefits from care and comfort.
Thanks for all your lovely well-wishes and messages of support. Am off to see my Lyme Doctor today. I’ll be back to normal blogging tomorrow. Much love to you ♥ xx