“Why did you do all this for me?’ he asked. ‘I don’t deserve it. I’ve never done anything for you.’ ‘You have been my friend,’ replied Charlotte. ‘That in itself is a tremendous thing.”
~ E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
“I think if I’ve learned anything about friendship, it’s to hang in, stay connected, fight for them, and let them fight for you. Don’t walk away, don’t be distracted, don’t be too busy or tired, don’t take them for granted. Friends are part of the glue that holds life and faith together. Powerful stuff.”
~ Jon Katz
Hello Lovelies! Welcome to Week Two of our six week Kindness Challenge.
To participate in today’s challenge all you need to do is select and perform one of the following kindness activities. The beneficiaries of our acts of kindness for Week Two will be friends.
Naturally, if you choose to do this activity more than once, or to work on one each day that’s absolutely fine. In fact, it’s wonderful. 🙂
Okay, Kindness Ambassadors, let’s go!
- Pick up the phone and call a friend you haven’t spoken to for a while. Remind them of five reasons why they are terrific.
- Whip up a double batch of soup, cupcakes, spaghetti or something else tasty. Keep half for you, and deliver half to a friend who could use a night off from cooking.
- Write a letter to a friend, telling them how much your friendship means to you.
- Spend some time with your friend, and really, really, really listen to them. Make them the most important thing in the world for that time you share together. Gift them your attention and your presence.
- Put out your neighbour’s bin, or bring it in for them when it is empty.
- Go through your old photos and make some copies to send to your friend, capturing happy or special moments you’ve shared together.
- Send a text message, email or card encouraging your friend to believe in and follow their dream. Let them know you have faith in them!
- Pick a bunch of flowers from the garden, and give them to your friend for no reason except that you love them.
- Buy your friend a coffee, or invite them over for a cup of tea or a glass of wine and enjoy some time catching up.
- Offer to walk the dog or look after the kids while your friend is ill.
- Post an anonymous gift to a friend going through a hard time. It could be a small amount of money, a scratch it card, a voucher or a movie ticket. Write a note, disguising your handwriting, that says simply THINKING OF YOU XX
- Give your friend a heart-felt and sincere compliment.
- Play day spa and give your friend a footmassage, a manicure or a new hairdo.
- Offer your friend some reiki or a healing if you do that kind of thing.
- Go for a picnic together, even if it’s in the backyard!
- Choose a crystal for a friend, give it to them, and tell them why you chose it and how it can be helpful for them.
- Offer to clean the kitchen, do a basket of ironing or some other chore to help out a busy friend.
- Send five text messages, at random times throughout the day, reminding your friend that they are fabulous and letting them know how much you love them.
- Give your pet ten minutes of your undivided attention. Do something together that you know they love!
- Make a mix tape/CD/USB stick of songs from the era you and your friend grew up in, or from an important time in your lives. Give it to them as a gift.
- Give your friend a hug! Hugs are good for us. Feel free to hug your pet too.