“It’s important to remember that we all have magic inside us.” ~ J K Rowling
~ J. K. Rowling
Welcome to Week One of the Strengthening Intuition Program!
Please immediately purchase or find the following things:
- a deck of tarot cards
- a big crystal ball
- various small crystals of your choice
- a unicorn horn
- a cape made of black velvet
- a book of spells
- an owl, versed in Wizardry and all things Hogwarts
- a selection of candles
Just kidding. (And my apologies if you are now disappointed. Even I feel a little disappointed about the lack of owls… )
Over the next eight weeks all we are going to work with is what we were born with – our own inner guidance system!
So, what are the real tools of Intuitive Connection? For the Beginner I would suggest:
- An open mind
- The capacity to think, feel and reflect
- Breathing, relaxing and observing
You were born with a capacity to sense and gather information beyond what your five senses can glean. You were born to be able to tune in to energy fields around people and places. You were born with with the ability to listen to your heart’s wisdom, and your soul’s, as well as to the thoughts and musings of your conscious mind.
Yes, we can use divination tools, crystals, cards and so on, but then we’re relying on things outside ourselves. It’s always best to start with the basics, don’t you think?
This week, we are going to focus on paying attention. Mostly, we live in our heads. Our thoughts are a constant chatter that distracts us from hearing the deeper wisdom within us. I want you to move past that sort of chatter this week.
Think of it as like diving into a lake. Our thoughts are the surface – in constant motion, and affected by wind and tide and whatever passes across the top of the water. But when we go below the surface, things become quiet and calm. It’s a whole other world.
This week your role is to be an Aware Observer. I highly recommend carrying a small notebook or journal to record your insights and observations. Be open to any messages, insights, ideas or hunches you have.
- Pay attention to what your body is telling you. Notice when it tenses up or when it relaxes. Even pay attention to the feedback it gives you about diet, sleep and exercise.
- Notice your emotional state in various situations. Don’t judge it – explore it! Ask yourself what’s going on, and then let ideas and answers just float into your conscious awareness.
- Pay attention to your choice of words, your body language and your physical and emotional energy levels. What sparks this? Why? What’s going on? Keep asking questions, and once again just be open to whatever comes into your awareness.
- And finally, don’t edit yourself. Let the ideas, feelings and emotions flow and don’t censor or try to control what comes up. Your only job is to be an observer. The more you are able to sit as an aware observer in your own life, the more your natural intuitive energies will be strengthened.
A Final Note:
No owls in this video, but it’s still really cool… These starlings fly in incredible formations, all without a single crash or mishap. What guides them? Intuition.
It’s a force available to us all.
Just for a moment, imagine that you could move through life like that; with such freedom, trust and connection.