“Take time daily to reflect on how much you have. It may not be all that you want but remember someone somewhere is dreaming to have what you have.” ~Germany Kent
This morning I’m counting my Blessings. Such a simple thing to do, and it always makes me feel richer. I like to count them off on my fingers – a tangible act, and a way of really anchoring their truth in my life. Blessings to me are always the simple things in life, and often the things we take for granted. Even on the worst of days we can find something to be grateful for. Counting blessings gets my attention OFF the things I don’t want, and back on the things I do. It’s an instant mood lifter that keeps things in perspective for me. It never takes much to find something that’s a blessing.
Today I am grateful for:
1. The sound of wind in the trees as I go to sleep, and birdsong as I wake up.
2. The warmth of the fire, and the sweet smell of woodsmoke in the cold morning air. (I’m also grateful for my husband, who chops the wood and loads the wheelbarrow, and stokes the fire for me!)
3. Chai tea, enough for two, sipped from big bowls, with just a dusting of cinnamon.
4. My Meyer Lemon tree, and its abundance of luscious fruit. And the fresh Lemon Curd I can spread on my morning toast!
5. Farmers’ Markets, and the dedication of our local growers to grow or make the best seasonal fresh produce.
6. My Kindle, and being able to snuggle under the doona on a lazy morning, sipping chai and reading books.
8. Writing. It is my greatest love, and the thing that wakes me up in the middle of the night, brimful of ideas.
9. Red Jasper which grounds and nurtures, and feels wonderful to have tucked up within my aura.
10. Trees. My little farmhouse is cradled by hundred-year-old trees who whisper their secrets, one to another, and add an incredible energy to this place and to me.
Wishing you many Blessings, Nicole ❤ xx