“Floyd could imagine a dozen things that could go wrong; it was little consolation that it was always the thirteenth that actually happened.”
~ Arthur C. Clarke,
I thought about writing a blog titled ‘Reasons for Screaming Yesterday – My Top Five’. They would have been:
- The microbat in my bath-towel that launched itself at me while I was dripping and defenceless after last night’s shower.
- The massive water dragon who snuck into the house, and whose fat tail under my desk made me think there was a brown snake (very poisonous and deadly) at my feet.
- Cafe Dog jumping onto our bed after his beach walk and shaking sand everywhere.
- Bert the dog burping a big cow poo burp in my face moments before I went to bed, and then needing to throw up said cow poo, resulting in him desperately waking me to take him outside just after I finally, finally, finally got to sleep.
- The gigantic spider that ran over my face while I was sleeping.
But actually, my main reason for screaming was three days of no power right in the middle of my busiest week of preparation in the entire year, resulting in every conceivable surface of our house looking like this:
It’s all okay this morning. The madness is being packed away in boxes, I have a dear friend arriving from interstate, Cafe Dog and I have been promised a coffee outing after my next jobs are finished and my cleaning angels are coming to make order out of madness.
Wow. Somehow I made it through.
Retreat starts tomorrow. Our farm-house is all rewired and powered up. My Secret Project is in its final edit with my graphic designer. And I didn’t die when a gigantic spider RAN OVER MY SLEEPING FACE!!!
So, it’s all good.
See you tomorrow. I have to keep chugging along with my chores so I can earn that coffee outing for me and Harry!
Big love, Nicole ❤ xoxo