My path has not been determined.
I shall have more experiences and pass many more milestones.
~ Agnetha Faltskog
It’s been a pretty crappy 14 months healthwise, between late stage Lyme, a misbehaving heart, an intractable UTI superbug and a myxedema crisis – but I am delighted to say that I am still slowly trending upwards. If you are grossed out by health and body things, stop here and just know I am feeling better.
Made of stronger stuff? Read on…
Here are my latest happy-making milestones:
- Finally sleeping more than two or three hours a night. In fact most nights now I manage six hours in total, and have now had a couple of weeks where I sleep a four-hour stint and a couple of shorter sleeps over a night, and a couple where I kept going back to sleep and managed eight or nine hours sleep. So deluxe!!! This is amazing after subsisting on just an hour to two hours sleep at a time, followed by long periods of pain and insomnia if I even was able to get to sleep in the first place.
- Body pain is down to a 2 or 3 out of ten most days, and in the evenings only a 3 or 4. I could cry with relief at this bit. Pain and no sleep is an awful combination. I still can’t talk about how bad it got. Thank God for meditation.
- Eyes – mostly normal. No more double or blurred vision except very occasionally when I am tired. Minimal stabby eye pain – hooray.
- Brain fog and horrendous anxiety mostly gone.
- I am managing to get 5000 steps most days, and a few days a week of between 7000 to 10000 steps. I have also walked our entire beach and touched the wall three times now, and feel my strength coming back day by day.
- I have about five usable hours a day now instead of one or two. This means I can stay longer at my desk, and I have more energy for cooking, writing and doing interesting or useful things on my own or with Ben.
- Weird rashes? Mostly gone.
- Skin? More like a human and less like an alien elephant.
- Heart? Mostly settled and doing its job without fuss or drama.
- Bladder? Still irritated and painful but I can wear clothes with low or tight waists without crying, bladder pain no longer wakes me up at night or prevents me sleeping, urine is no longer the colour of milk, and I am able to tolerate a much wider range of foods and beverages.
- Neurological incontinence – I’ve had a dry few months now (touch wood), which is a great relief because with neurological incontinence there is never any warning!
- Bloods and thyroid function and stability – all improving.
- My enthusiasm for life and work and writing is back on track. It feels SO GOOD to have enough energy and clarity of thought to actually be excited about stuff again.
They are all little things, I know. But to be happy enough to catch myself humming, to have enough energy to want to go for a walk after a morning of clients, and feeling safe enough to drive again? It’s awesome. Here’s to continued improvement.
Love, beach walks and deep contentment, Nicole xx