This is what rituals are for. We do spiritual ceremonies as human beings in order to create a safe resting place for our most complicated feelings of joy or trauma, so that we don’t have to haul those feelings around with us forever, weighing us down. We all need such places of ritual safekeeping. And I do believe that if your culture or tradition doesn’t have the specific ritual you are craving, then you are absolutely permitted to make up a ceremony of your own devising, fixing your own broken-down emotional systems with all the do-it-yourself resourcefulness of a generous plumber/poet.
25 October is the date for the New Moon in Scorpio and a partial Solar Eclipse. It’s also a very auspicious time to build a simple crystal grid to help call in energies to support you in letting go of what you no longer want, and to call in the things that you do. Honestly, this is so easy that you can do this even if you’ve never built a grid before.
Here’s how to make your grid:
- Think about what you want to let go in your life, and what you want to create, experience or draw to you for the rest of this lifetime. Dream big! You may want to journal this or pull cards for it. If you use my Journeymaker’s Planner go back and review what you wrote at the beginning of the year for ideas! Write your thoughts down. If you write lists keep your Let Go list and your Manifestation list on separate sheets of paper. These can later be placed in your grid under your central stone or near it if you wish.
- Choose 4 stones to make the corners of the grid. They can be the same or different. It is fine to use rocks from the garden or crystals. Whatever you have access to.
- Choose 1 stone to be the centre stone.
- Offer up a prayer or affirmation that everything you do be for the Highest Good of all.
- Build your grid inside or outside, but somewhere it won’t be disturbed and can sit for at least 24 hours.
- Set up the four corners first, in a square or rectangle shape.
- Now add the central stone.
- Using your hands pour white light (see it in your imagination) from the Universe into the grid to activate it.
- You can now add any other crystals, stones, shells, feathers, leaves, flowers or found objects to decorate and complete the grid. Or leave it simple with just the 5 stones – it’s up to you.
- When you are done arranging your grid take a moment and centre yourself. Pour your intention into the grid for whatever it is you want to let go. You can do this by pouring white light that holds these thoughts, or simply by thinking or speaking it with reverence and commitment. Then think about what you want to create or manifest. Now pour that intention into the grid too.
- Finish by giving thanks.
- Leave your grid up for a minimum of 24 hours. You can also leave it in place until November 8.
- It’s fine to add stones or other things in or take things out of your grid while it is up, as long as you leave the corner stones and central stone.
Have fun with it, and let your witchy side revel in the joy of rituals and magic-making.
Love, hugs and sprinkles of fairy dust, Nicole xx
4 thoughts on “Create A Crystal Grid For Today’s New Moon In Scorpio”
Thank you for this
Thank you for your wisdom Nicole
I don’t understand what a crystal grid is for. Why do we do it?
A crystal grid is a tool for focusing our intentions and working with energy to amplify those intentions.