“You can be the most beautiful person in the world and everybody sees light and rainbows when they look at you, but if you yourself don’t know it, all of that doesn’t even matter. Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It’s not like you have forever, so don’t waste any of your seconds, don’t throw even one of your moments away.”
~ C. JoyBell C.
Hello Lovelies! Welcome to Week Four of our six week Kindness Challenge.
To participate in today’s challenge all you need to do is select and perform one of the following kindness activities. The beneficiary of our acts of kindness for Week Four is our Self.
Self Love and acts of kindness toward the self can be a difficult thing for some people. If this is you, I urge you to try! The way that we treat ourselves sends a strong message out into the Universe about the sort of treatment we will accept and allow from others. Treating ourselves well is a powerful action for turning our lives around!
Self care is not selfish. If you give too much to others and don’t replenish yourself eventually you will burn out, spiritually, emotionally and physically.
Naturally, if you choose to do this activity more than once, or to work on one each day that’s absolutely fine. In fact, it’s marvelous. You’re worth it, you know! 🙂
Okay, Kindness Ambassadors, let’s go!
- Evaluate your finances. Make a plan to pay off debt, to save, or to invest your nest egg – depending on what stage you are at.
- Have a long shower or a soak in the bath. Use a scented soap, bath salts or oils. Listen to music or enjoy some solitude. Take time to lovinglymoisturise your body. Lavish care and attention on yourself.
- Take yourself to a movie you want to see. Indulge in a choc-top ice-cream or other decadent or nostalgic snack of your choice.
- Give yourself a proper day off. Not a day for catching up on chores or housework. Not a day where you sit in front of a computer. A whole day, from sun up to sun down, to get out and about!
- Visit someone you love and hang out for a while.
- Visit a place you love and hang out for a while.
- Plan a holiday – one that excites or inspires you. Grab some brochures and start to dream.
- Do some essential health maintenance. Make an appointment with your doctor, masseuse, dentist,acupuncturist or whomever else helps keep you in shape and feeling good.
- Eat well. Because eating well makes you well.
- Indulge in a nostalgic food or meal from your childhood. No guilt – give yourself permission to enjoy!
- Buy or borrow a book or a movie. Escape to that world for a while.
- Buy yourself a properly fitting bra or sports shoes. (Or whatever else you need) You deserve to have clothes that fit properly and that look after your body.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Move your body. Dance, do yoga, ride your bike, go for a walk or a swim. Our bodies were designed to move.
- Get a haircut or a new style. Feel good about how you look.
- Give yourself permission to just be. No doing. Unplug for a while.
- Enrol in a course. Learning new things keeps your mind bright and fresh, and it expands your horizons.
- For twenty-four hours, refrain from negative self talk or self-criticism. Instead speak kindly to yourself. Be supportive and loving with yourself.
- Forgive yourself for that thing that still troubles you. Let go of the need to hang on to the pain and shame.
- Let go of perfectionism. Allow yourself to make mistakes, and to strive, without the restrictions and stress of needing yourself to be perfect.
- Throw out three items from your wardrobe that express low self-worth.
- Write a list of fifty things for which you are grateful.
- Take time for a hobby you enjoy. Make more space in your life for that hobby.
- Have a movie night at home in your pyjamas, with movies that make you feel good. Order a pizza or your favourite take-out.
- Spend some time in nature. Hang out in the sunshine, swim in the ocean, climb that mountain, watch the birds and all the critters, lie on your back on the soft grass and practice some cloud busting.
- Stop doing that thing you know isn’t good for you.
- Start doing that thing you know is good for you.
- Take an hour and go through your old photographs. Choose some to have around you, that help you remember who you are and what is important to you.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- For one whole day say no when you mean no, and yes when you mean yes. Now you have the hang of it, keep doing it!