“Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.” ~ Joseph Cambell
Have you seen the bumper sticker that says ‘We are all Spiritual Beings having a Human Experience’? If you’re reading this, chances are that you are awakening to your own Spiritual Self. I remember when I first began to be aware of my own Spirituality. It was an exciting and difficult time in my life. It was also confusing, because I had little direction and did not know where to begin.
We are spiritual BEings, and when we begin to understand this and to discover and honour this connection to Soul and to Source, miracles begin to happen. There are many ways to nurture our Soul and to develop our Spiritual and Psychic gifts.
We don’t become Spiritual, because we already are. Acknowledging our spiritual aspect is actually just a step towards balance and wholeness in our lives. But how do we do this?
If you want to get fit and healthy, you change your lifestyle and start to exercise. As your body becomes accustomed to these changes it responds by being able to do more, by replacing fat with muscle and by energising you. There’s not much difference with developing spiritual “fitness”. It involves lifestyle choices and committing to exercises that help you to find and strengthen your spiritual and psychic self. Here are some to get you started:
- Wake up happy. If you are not happy keep working on feeling good. Don’t get out of bed until you are in a better head-space!!! Stretch in bed, feel good, and surround yourself with white light, drawing it deep into your body. Then seal your aura with a layer of colour, like putting a shell around an egg. Choose the colour you are most drawn to, and know that this will have a benefit for you.
- Meditate – meditation is the act of mindful awareness, and it can take many forms. Here is a simple meditation to try: https://youtu.be/F6eFFCi12v8
- Time in nature – Stand with your bare feet on the ground, and feel the energy of the Earth anchoring and grounding your body. Feel the sun, sky or moon and stars above you, radiating cosmic energy that enters from the top of your head. Sit leaning against a tree and feel its wise energy nurture you. Watch birds or animals and seek wisdom and messages from them.
- Journal – Daily writing helps to create a space for self-knowledge, healing and contemplation. More tips on that here.
- Daily card or rune – Choose some runes or a deck of spiritual or inspirational oracle or tarot cards. Each day close your eyes, offer up a prayer for guidance and then choose one card and let its wisdom enrich your understanding by giving you new perspectives.
- Eat to lift your vibration – The fresher the food, the higher its vibration. Favour organic, seasonal, minimally processed and cruelty-free. Drink lots of water too!
- Get plenty of rest – When we are rested we are calmer and more able to hear our inner wisdom.
- Say no to drugs, and limit consumption of alcohol, caffeine, sugar and any form of chemical additive.Things that alter your consciousness or hype you up also disconnect you from clarity, reality, soul wisdom and Spirit.
- Be discerning about your choice of sexual partners. Sexual intimacy opens up the energy fields of the parties involved, and there is great transference of energy between you. People who lead a lifestyle of lack of regard for their physical and emotional well-being, who take drugs, consume lots of alcohol, and indulge in promiscuity, negative and violent thinking will have unbalanced energy, or worse. When you have sex you open yourself up to all of this. Is this what you want to knowingly expose yourself, your home and loved ones to?
- Call on God, your Ancestors, Angels and Guides. None of us is ever alone. There is love and wisdom all around us, and all we ever have to do is ask, and then stay open to that guidance.
- Trust your intuition – it’s like a muscle, the more you use it the stronger it gets!
- Live in the moment – Here is where your power is. Not in the past. Not in the future. Be present in the here and now.
- Be brave – love deeply.
- Ask for teachers to come into your life – this might be in the form of books, friends, workshops, mentors. Go with what you are drawn to and discard the rest.
- Love and accept yourself as you are NOW!
Sending you much love for your journey. Know that you’re in my thoughts, prayers and meditations, Nicole ❤ xx
PS: If you want to learn in a more hands-on way come join me for a one-day workshop in Brisbane in May. Details below:
Saturday 26 May – Full Day Workshop 10am to 4.30pm
Foundation Spiritual Practices – This one day workshop will help you wake up your natural psychic and intuitive abilities by developing a strong practice of regular habits to incorporate into your daily life. Whether you are a complete beginner or have been working with your spiritual gifts for years you’ll find tools and techniques here to help accelerate your growth. More importantly, these practices will help you to reclaim your mindfulness, sense of self, inner calm, good decision-making, peace within, and a strong connection to guiding energies.
These are the techniques I used to build my own intuitive and psychic abilities. They are tried and tested with over 35 years of my own personal practice. If you’re busy, stressed, anxious, time-poor and longing for a way back to that safe and tranquil space of connection and communion, or if you’ve gotten out of the habit of regular spiritual practice this is the workshop for you!
We will be learning:
- What a spiritual Journeymaker is and why it’s time for you to make that journey!
- How to use tarot and oracle cards to find your own answers and to go deeply into a space that gives you purpose, direction and perspective. (Even if you have NEVER done this before I will have you working confidently within a short space of time!)
- How to use crystals for deep soul work.
- How to use journalling as part of your regular spiritual practice – done properly, journalling can open doors in your life you’d never thought possible! I’ll show you how to frame your questions, how to spiritually connect and how to go deeper to create a sacred journey of self-enlightenment.
- How to easily connect with your Guides and Higher Self in meditation, and how to access these energies for direction and guidance.
- How to give yourself and others energetic healing to revitalise the body, clear blockages and promote physical, emotional and spiritual healing.
- Creating a sacred space in your home, and the fundamentals of crystal gridding, space clearing and energy work.
- Some sacred and powerful breathing and energies techniques taught to me by my Aboriginal Aunties that I have never shared before.
- Some simple quick spiritual rituals to start and end your day connected, balanced and in a good place.
Morning and afternoon tea, and a delicious lunch will be provided.
All participants will receive a crystal grid to construct at home and MP3 recordings of our guided meditations after the event so that you can follow along with them at home until you are confident enough to do them by yourself.
Cost: $330 adults, $220 children under 17. For more information on our other May events, for VIP options or to book your place visit our Store here on the blog or contact Dana at email@example.com
2 thoughts on “How to nurture your Spiritual Connection”
Hi! I love your blog and nominated you for a Mystery Blogging Award that highlights “blogs that inspire and motivate.” You can find the info here: https://botanicalalchemyandapothecary.com/mystery-blogger-award. Keep up the great work!
Yes, yes,yes another awesome post, I generally wake up happy and I don’t stress over things despite what others think