A man’s home is his castle ~ Proverb
Everyone has a dream home in their mind – somewhere that will fulfill their needs, bring peace to their soul, and speak to the person they are or would like to be. I’m lucky enough to have found mine, but then again, luck didn’t create it – intention manifested it for me.
Shortly after we moved to our farm I was unpacking a box of my old journals and opened one at random. To my delight here was a description of my farm, almost perfect in its accuracy and detail, written by me six years before we purchased our new home. It was titled My Farm, The Magical House on the Hill which is exactly how this little cottage feels to me. I remember how I felt the day I wrote that piece. I was relaxed, happy, hopeful and as I wrote, more and more excited. And I felt a great contentment when I was done.
Writing has great power, and today we are going to use that power of clear thought and intent to write a recipe for you that can help your dream home to manifest in your life.
Find somewhere to write where you won’t be disturbed for at least ten minutes. Take a minute or two and breathe deeply, bringing yourself to a place of calm. Begin to allow yourself to feel a little excited.
When you are ready start writing. Write about your dream home and describe it in as much detail as you can. It doesn’t matter how much it will cost or where it will be, and you don’t have to work out HOW you are going to end up living there. All you have to do is describe it.
Remember to include the things that are important to you, and don’t write it to impress yourself or others, write it from your heart. You are making a recipe that the Universe will follow in order to bring this dream home to you. Make sure to include the following points:
- What is the climate like?
- Are there any special features inside the house?
- Is there a space where you can carry out an activity that means a lot to you?
- Does it need to have certain conditions such as stairs, no stairs, an easy driveway, plenty of water, room for a garden, no garden at all, access to services? (one of my things was that my property would be private and feel like it was a million miles from anywhere but with good coffee and great neighbours just up the road!)
- Are there any special features outside the house?
- What’s the neighbourhood like?
- What makes your heart sing about this place?
- How does it meet the needs of your family, animals, or the family and pets you plan to have in the future?
- Who’s living there with you?
- What are you doing?
- What’s your employment or financial situation?
This short video will get you in the right space to help your ideas to flow. Somewhere, right now, your dream home exists, and it’s waiting for you, ready to support your dream life. Believe!