Your Body has its own wisdom; it knows what it needs to heal itself and be well, it knows what it needs to be energised, it knows what it needs to come back into balance. Your Soul knows what your ideal physical body feels like, looks like, moves like. Your Mind knows what it needs to feel calm, centred and balanced, happy.
Writing has great power. Today’s journalling exercise is all about using the power of words and visualisation to manifest better health and to help understand and create your ideal body.
Over the next week use the following journal starters and write as much or as little as feels right for you. Begin by transcribing these words (the ones in coloured ink) into your journal. Then choose a journal starter that resonates for you and let the words flow. You can use the same journal starter more than once if it really resonates.
Dear Soul-Body, Heart-Body and Mind-Body,
There are things in my life that I would appreciate some help or guidance with right now. I know some of these can be quickly sorted, and some may take more time. I am open to the wisdom you need to share with me, I am open to however this works.
- I know that the best time of day for me is
- My body really enjoys
- The sort of food that revitalises me includes
- The thing that will most improve my mental health and wellbeing right now is
- The thing that will most improve my physical health and wellbeing right now is
- The thing that will most improve my emotional health and wellbeing right now is
- I am now willing to release my addiction to
- I would love to attract into my life a person who could
- Exercise that suits my current body is
- One way I can treat my body better is to
- One way I can give myself some mental relief is to
- A thing I used to do that always made me feel good is
- If I had more energy I would be able to
- If I felt better about my physical appearance I could
- One way to nurture my body today is
- Some of the things I need to cut down on are
- Some of the things I need to include more of are
- One of my favourite ways to move my body is
- One thing I’d forgotten about that always improves my health is
- My ideal body would look like
- My ideal mental state would be
- My ideal emotional and soul state would be
- The most important thing I need to pay attention to right now is
Inner Child Work:
Often we think that the best way to find guidance is to look to someone older and more experienced, or a Guide, Angel, God or our Higher selves.
There is however, a wonderful source of Guidance within you, known as your Inner Child. This is the refreshingly honest, loving and very caring part of you who can tell you with all the affront and careful attention of a five year old, what’s really going on in other parts of you.
The best way to work with your Inner Child directly is to have a conversation between the Big you, and the Little you. You can do this through what is known as Left Hand – Right Hand Dialogue. It’s an easy thing to do! Simply find some different coloured pens or pencils. Use your dominant hand (the one you usually write with) to be the Big you, the conscious awareness of you as an adult. Choose one pen for this hand. Then use your non-dominant hand to represent your Little you, and let that hand pick a pen, or pens to write with.
Have your Big You write a question for your Little You, and then let your Little you respond. The writing will be awkward, and don’t worry about spelling or vocabulary. What you’ll get is honesty, and love, and isn’t that all we really ever need to get started? You can do this to work on health problems and blockages in your life, and you can even get your Little you to draw and create works of art. Enjoy experimenting!
Art Journal Activity – Inner Child Drawing
Using coloured crayons or pens, have your inner child do a drawing of you with your non-dominant hand. Feel free to also use other materials and collaged images as well as words.
Now use a left hand, right hand dialogue as described above, to ask your Little You questions about what the drawing represents, and any advice they have to give concerning this. Be prepared for some surprises! This is a great technique for working with health and diet, and other aspects of wellbeing. And may bring to the surface things you’d never even thought of!
The following video contains some useful affirmations for health and well-being, and can also be used as a meditative practice. Be well! Love and Honour yourself this week. ♥