“The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” ~ Caroline Myss
Feeling tired, flat or a bit lost? That’s okay – I have some tips to help you manage that.
Or perhaps it’s worse than a little fatigue. Maybe you feel utterly smashed by life right now. My advice is still going to be the same. There are three steps to follow.
- Find some quiet time. Here are some of my favourite ways to do that:
- Take a long country drive somewhere, or sit on your commute with some headphones on.
- Go for a walk or a run or a bike ride or a swim
- Try some yoga or stretching
- Make a cup of tea and sit on the balcony, or on a comfy sofa
- Find a quiet cafe and grab your favourite brew and sit in a quiet corner.
- Hang out in a library
- Close the bedroom door and light some incense or diffuse some essential oils
- Take a long shower or bath
- Get up early, while everyone is asleep and you can have the house to yourself
- Water the garden
- Sit on a swing and then… swing!
- Take an early mark from work
- Go find a lookout with a view – views help put everything in perspective
2. Allow yourself to relax. Slow your breathing or, if you are exercising, get it into a steady rhythm. Let the tension unwind from your muscles and consciously relax yourself. Really feel yourself soften and calm. This might take a while if you’re stressed. That’s okay. Take as long as you need.
3. Feel into what you need most right now in order to refill your empty tanks and boost your energy levels, resilience and inner peace. Trust that you already hold that wisdom inside you. Ask yourself the question, ‘What do I most need to come back into balance know right now?’ Explore it via your imagination, in meditation or through journalling or writing. Let clarity come to you in the form of ideas, thoughts, images and feelings. You may also want to pull an oracle or tarot card to give you further inspiration.
Commit to using this wisdom to gently transform your life.
Thinking of you and sending much love, Nicole ❤️ xx