“The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” ~ Caroline Myss
Feeling tired, flat or a bit lost? That’s okay – I have some tips to help you manage that.
Or perhaps it’s worse than a little fatigue. Maybe you feel utterly smashed by life right now. My advice is still going to be the same. There are three steps to follow.
- Find some quiet time. Here are some of my favourite ways to do that:
- Take a long country drive somewhere, or sit on your commute with some headphones on.
- Go for a walk or a run or a bike ride or a swim
- Try some yoga or stretching
- Make a cup of tea and sit on the balcony, or on a comfy sofa
- Find a quiet cafe and grab your favourite brew and sit in a quiet corner.
- Hang out in a library
- Close the bedroom door and light some incense or diffuse some essential oils
- Take a long shower or bath
- Get up early, while everyone is asleep and you can have the house to yourself
- Water the garden
- Sit on a swing and then… swing!
- Take an early mark from work
- Go find a lookout with a view – views help put everything in perspective
2. Allow yourself to relax. Slow your breathing or, if you are exercising, get it into a steady rhythm. Let the tension unwind from your muscles and consciously relax yourself. Really feel yourself soften and calm. This might take a while if you’re stressed. That’s okay. Take as long as you need.
3. Feel into what you need most right now in order to refill your empty tanks and boost your energy levels, resilience and inner peace. Trust that you already hold that wisdom inside you. Ask yourself the question, ‘What do I most need to come back into balance know right now?’ Explore it via your imagination, in meditation or through journalling or writing. Let clarity come to you in the form of ideas, thoughts, images and feelings. You may also want to pull an oracle or tarot card to give you further inspiration.
Commit to using this wisdom to gently transform your life.
Thinking of you and sending much love, Nicole ❤️ xx
9 thoughts on “Refuelling Your Soul”
Been doing most of the above lately…lots to digest and transform into the amazing woman I know is inside! Thank you Nicole…big hugs x
That picture ..girl on swing .I dreamt that as a child. I got on this enormous swing in my Uncles garden, hung in an ancient beech tree, swinging out over a green ,manicured lawn.I swun higher and higher and then flight! Sitting on the swing, no fear of falling, the countryside way below as seen from an aeroplane.I had never flown while awake. Amazing.. I would have been seven or eight,and I am 63 now and i can see and feel that dream in its colours and the feeling of sailing through the air.
Thank you😊this is exactly what I needed to read today.. big hug💖
I wish something would help with the pain in my chest through to my back that I have today
I actually left work early yesterday ..Netflix binged, watched an amazing storm & have today off on ‘sick leave’ as well. Off to library, yoga class..and cake will be in there somewhere for sure. Rest is needed that’s a definite..thanks for this timely post Nicole…XO
too tired to go to yoga..library, coffee/cake and book date on my daybed..X
I ate an entire king size Kit Kat. It didn’t help as much as I hoped. I’m going to go sit in the sun for a bit and close my eyes to the weeding that demands attention. 💕
Oh Kris, I laughed so hard at this. Biggest hugs 💕
Thank you! Note: there is a lot to do after winter ends…insoul and out.