“This is what rituals are for. We do spiritual ceremonies as human beings in order to create a safe resting place for our most complicated feelings of joy or trauma, so that we don’t have to haul those feelings around with us forever, weighing us down. We all need such places of ritual safekeeping. And I do believe that if your culture or tradition doesn’t have the specific ritual you are craving, then you are absolutely permitted to make up a ceremony of your own devising, fixing your own broken-down emotional systems with all the do-it-yourself resourcefulness of a generous plumber/poet.”Elizabeth Gilbert
I love a good ritual. One of my favourites is building grids that help anchor my intentions.
From now until the Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse on July 5 we have an energetic window where we can set our intentions (or reset them) for the period between now and the end of 2020.
You can do this by journalling, or sitting in prayer or meditation, but I also love the ritual around creating a crystal grid.
Make this grid now and leave it out until after the eclipse, or build it on the night of the full moon and eclipse, whatever works best for you
(Below – This is a grid built by one of my students. Don’t you love the chickens coming to check out her grid!)
Here’s how to make your grid:
- Think about your intention for the rest of 2020. Focus on one thing you want to achieve or work towards. Then think about anything you are ready to let go of. You may want to journal this or pull cards for it. If you use my Journeymaker’s Planner go back and review what you wrote at the beginning of the year! Write it down.
- Choose 4 stones to make the corners of the grid. They can be the same or different. It is fine to use rocks from the garden or crystals. Whatever you have access to.
- Choose 1 stone to be the centre stone.
- Offer up a prayer or affirmation that everything you do be for the Highest Good of all.
- Build your grid out on the ground, or on a balcony, outside table, or even on a windowsill or somewhere inside your home that gets natural light from the sun and moon.
- Set up the four corners first, in a square or rectangle shape.
- Now add the central stone.
- Using your hands pour white light (see it in your imagination) from the Universe into the grid to activate it.
- You can now add any other crystals, stones, shells, feathers, leaves, flowers or found objects to decorate and complete the grid. Or leave it simple with just the 5 stones – it’s up to you.
- When you are done arranging your grid take a moment and centre yourself. Pour your intention into the grid for whatever it is you want to let go. You can do this by pouring white light that holds these thoughts, or simply by thinking or speaking it with reverence and commitment. Then think about what you want to create or manifest. Now pour that intention into the grid too.
- Finish by giving thanks.
- Leave your grid up for a minimum of 24 hours. You can also leave it in place until July 6.
- It’s fine to add stones or other things in or take things out of your grid while it is up, as long as you leave the corner stones and central stone.
Want more information? Come join our free Facebook group, and look for my video from 23 June 2020 titled ‘The week ahead – June 22 2020 plus crystal grid’
Link for the facebook group is:
Join Us For A Colour And Cuppa Session!
A gentle reminder that today at 9am we have our next free online gathering.
Our theme this week is ‘Connections’. We’ll be talking about our energetic connections to people, places and activities. We’ll also be discussing spiritual connection to our own inner wisdom and intuition, and our connection to the guiding energies in our lives. There will be a little reincarnation and past life stuff thrown in too.
It’s sure to be an interesting chat, with a few goose-bumpy moments.
The ‘Connection – Colour and Cuppa’ gathering will be at 9.00am Brisbane time today Wednesday 24 June (which may be June 23 where you live). We hold these sessions every fortnight. To support people in other time zones we are scheduling these live events at various times throughout the year so you can find one that works for you.
It’s completely free to join us, and we’ll be holding this gathering via Zoom. All of the details and the link will be in our Facebook Group, The Journeymakers.
If you’re not already a member you can join here:
We love to see pictures of your grids. You can upload them on our Facebook page or tag us in on social media. The grid very at the top of the page is mine, and the other grids are from students in our private membership group. They are from all around the world. Aren’t they beautiful!
I hope they inspire you. There are more below. You’ll see the most simple designs and some that are much more elaborate – and each of them works. So, know that whatever you create it will be just fine. It’s your intention that counts!
Happy gridding. Love and hugs, Nicole xx