I suspect everybody has a degree of psychic ability, just as a everybody has a degree of athletic or artistic ability. Some people have special gifts; other people have a particular interest that leads them to develop their abilities. But the phenomenon itself is ordinary and widespread.”
~ Michael Crichton
I’ve had many people asking me about the difference between Spiritual Awareness and Psychic Awakening since my post a few days ago. Spiritual awareness leads to an opening of our hearts and to a period of personal and spiritual growth. Psychic Awakening leads to an opening of our hearts, to personal and spiritual growth AND an unmistakable, unignorable call to a path of service.
Here are twelve signs that what you’re experiencing is an awakening of your psychic abilities. You may have experienced any or all of these:
1. Crowds become overwhelming, distressing and make you feel psychically battered and energetically drained.
2. Your dreams become increasing vivid and seem to contain messages, information and symbols that go beyond what your normal subconscious would put on the nightly view-screen of the inside of your eyelids. You remember these dreams and keep thinking about them during the day, trying to work out what they mean.
3. You become confused at what people tell you, when part of you knows that the words they are saying don’t match their emotions, inner thoughts or energy. You can’t put it into words, but you feel that conflict and find it disturbing. You have no way to prove what you feel.
4. You get feelings of heat in your palms and fingers, your feet, around your heart, on your forehead around your third eye chakra, or in the top of your head. You may also get a sensation of moving energy or tingling.
5. Your sleep becomes disturbed. You wake up at 2am, wide awake and waiting for something. But what? Weirdly, by about 4am you can get back to sleep again, and you don’t become tired from this crazy routine.
6. You become suddenly attracted to crystals, healing arts and metaphysical tools. You may feel energy in stones, places or people, or access impressions or information if you touch a person or an object.
7. You get a fullness or a choking sensation in your throat (or throat chakra) like something is stuck there, or you want to speak, but there isn’t anything you can think of to say.
8. Electro-magnetic energy, wi-fi and electrical fields make you feel fuzzy, off-balance or exhausted. You feel immediately better in nature, or out of cities.
9. Your sense of deja vu increases and you experience moments of having been somewhere before, reliving a conversation or performing an activity again, even if it really is the first time you have experienced this thing.
10. You know things about people or situations that prove to be correct, even though there is no way you could have consciously known about those things.
11. You have been compelled to make sudden changes in your life, such as giving up smoking or drinking alcohol, or leaving a long-term relationship. Or you haven’t done it yet but you’re seriously thinking about it and know it’s inevitable that you will.
12. You should be happy but… your life doesn’t feel like it fits anymore and you no longer feel like you know who you are, what you want or where you are going even if from the outside you look like you’ve got it all together. You’ll also feel like no-one will understand if you try to explain how you feel.
If this sounds like you, please don’t feel that there is something wrong with you, or that you are going crazy. Intuitive ability and psychic awakening is a normal part of our soul’s development. Modern western culture may no longer recognise the path you are taking, but it is very real, and you are not alone in this journey.
Trust that your time is now, and that you are very much needed in the world. Know that there is a place for you here in my tribe, and that I value you and all you are experiencing. Stay tuned for next Tuesday’s blog, where I’ll have all the details of my new Online Spiritual Mentoring Course for people who are going through Psychic Awakening.
Much love, Nicole xoxo