“You need to know things the others don’t know. It’s what no one knows about you that allows you to know yourself.”
~ Don DeLillo
This week’s energies support deep diving and moving into that space of high creativity. This kind of creativity is also a spiritual space, so it’s perfect for any kind of soul work. (If you’d like a recap of the week ahead go here )
It’s awesome energy if you already have a project or plan to work on.
But what if you don’t?
Today’s post is for those of you who are stuck, those of you for whom life just isn’t working right now, those of you who are lost.
Give yourself a good half-hour to do some investigation of your stuckness (big stuck might need more time or multiple sessions – I know this from previous experience!) and gather the following tools:
- a journal and some pens
- a deck of tarot or oracle cards where you really like the pictures
- your favourite crystal or stone (optional but good)
I’d also highly recommend a cup of tea or your favourite non-alcoholic beverage, because soul work can be thirsty work, and what isn’t made better by a cup of tea?
1. Start by holding your crystal if you have chosen one, and close your eyes. Allow your breathing to become calm, and let yourself relax. Then breathe in white light or draw it in through the crown chakra at the top of your head. Offer up a prayer that everything you do be for the Highest Good. Ask your Highest Self, Guides, Angels, Ancestors or God to guide you. Say or think the intention ‘Show me why I am stuck, and help me see what to do next.’
2. Open your eyes. Hold your crystal or place it beside you while you work (feel free to pick it up and hold it again if you need some energy or encouragement). Take your journal and a pen and write whatever comes, using any of the following prompts. Write your prompt into your journal and then keep writing in response to that prompt. Don’t edit yourself. Just let the words flow.
- I’m stuck because…
- I hate my life right now because…
- What I really don’t like is…
- What I really want is…
- What do I need to tell myself right now…
- What do I really need to know right now…
- Who am I?
- What do I want?
- Where am I going?
- What’s better for me?
- I’d rather be doing…
3. If you’re super stuck, and nothing is coming, keep asking yourself Why? Give yourself every Why question you can think of. If you ask Why am I stuck? and then write This is stupid! ask yourself Why is this stupid? Eventually one of the Why questions will pry free all of the feelings and thoughts and answers that are stuck within you. Why are you stuck? Why can’t you do this? Why isn’t this working? Why don’t you know? Why is this a dumb exercise? Why? Why? Why?
4. You’ll end up with words on the page. Hooray! That’s the beginning of unstuckness. Go back over what you’ve written with a highlighter or a pen in another colour where you can underline key words and phrases. Highlight anything that stands out to you.
5. Now choose one of those highlighted areas to investigate further. (I told you this was a week for diving deep.) Write the words you’ve highlighted into your journal again as a new entry, Eg: My relationship with Steve. Close your eyes again, breathe deeply and bring yourself to a place of calm. Feel your energetic team and your Higher Self ready to guide you. Fill yourself with white light and really feel into that support and connection. When you’re ready open your eyes again and pick up your oracle or tarot cards. Shuffle them, thinking about your relationship with Steve. Then choose three cards. The first card shows you where you are now. The second card shows you what the issue or limitation is. The final card shows you your opportunity or outcome. Look at the first card, and really pay attention to whatever thoughts, emotions or ideas come to you, and what the imagery of the card says to you in relation to where you are now with this situation. Then write what comes to you from looking at the card. Repeat this process for the second card, looking to understand what the issues or limitations are. Now use the final card to explore what the opportunities or outcomes can be.
Be open to situations where you may now need to find a coach, mentor or qualified therapist. Sometimes we can own and understand the problem but need help framing up a solution.
Our heart knows what it wants. Our soul can guide us. All we ever need to do is make time for that questing and connection.
As you begin to get unstuck again expect more answers, more flow and a return to inspiration. You’ve got this!
Much love, Nicole ❤ xx
PS – If you missed my Facebook Live video over on my Cauldrons and Cupcakes page yesterday, or if you aren’t on Facebook you can watch it again here. I talk about the energies of this week, the crystals and essential oils that will support you, and some tips about how to work with the energies of the week ahead: