The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.
~ Albert Einstein
I know many of you are feeling disconnected from your intuitive flow right now. All of us are intuitive but many of us become dominated by our minds – especially when tired and stressed – and over-thinking chokes off our natural intuitive wisdom.
For those of us who have become used to living in our minds, connecting into this natural wisdom, and the flow of energy and information all around us can seem like an impossible task. But I promise you, intuition is your birth right – and the ability to be intuitive resides within every living thing.
Simple steps for increasing intuition:
The most important thing we can do in our daily lives to foster the development of our intuition is to make time for spiritual connection. For some people this will be the first step in opening up to psychic abilities as well. To do this it is vital that we get out of our heads and back into our bodies.
- A few times each day stop what you are doing, and focus on your breath. Follow your breath in and out of your body for one minute, allowing this process to relax you and to make you aware of your body.
- Drink more water – being hydrated always enhances connection.
- Turn off the computer and the television and sit in silence. This can be further improved by taking time to sit in nature.
- Take a short walk. Don’t listen to music or a podcast. Don’t pay attention to your phone. Just walk, slowly and mindfully.
- Practice tuning in – do this by bringing your conscious focus to something and then relaxing and stilling your mind, allowing yourself to become open to any impressions or information you might receive. (I know this can be incredibly hard at first for head-dominated people but it will get easier.)
- Meditate. Even five minutes a day is helpful.
- Eat a diet rich in natural, fresh foods, which are full of vibrant energy and that enhance your vibration.
- Get enough sleep. Being well rested helps you to tune in with all of your senses.
- Avoid too many substances that dull your sensitivity, or that ramp it up in unnatural ways – such as caffeine, sugar, alcohol, recreational drugs – all of these inhibit true intuitive connection.
Guided Meditation to increase your intuitive ability
I’ve recorded a simple guided meditation to help you to soften and open up to your own intuitive connection. All you need to do is set aside ten minutes where you won’t be disturbed, and then close your eyes and listen to my voice.
With practice, you will find that intuition will begin to inform you, and better connect you into life and everything around you. You may also find that your abilities begin to go beyond just intuition, and into the realms of the metaphysical. (And if they do, I have tools and teachings for that too.) Trust. Know that you are a spiritual BEing, made of pure source energy, living within a human body. All you ever have to do is relax, open and allow.
Love, hugs and a little sprinkle of magic, Nicole xx