If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.
Henry David Thoreau
It still amazes me how writing and visualising can create a magnetic pull in your life that attracts relationships, synchronicities and opportunities to you that are a match to your talents and intent. Writing has great power, and today’s exercise uses journal writing and visualisation as tools to help you open doors, invite opportunity and attract helpful people.
Expect answers and solutions. They often come from left field, and they often manifest themselves very quickly. The more happy, positive and in flow you feel, the faster your solutions and opportunities will arrive. (If you’re not sure what makes you feel good, or how to get into that happy place, there is a great journal exercise and suggestions here.)
Begin by writing the following passage into your own journal. Feel free to use coloured inks if you wish, or anything else that brightens up your page. Then choose one or more of the journal starters below and just start writing. Let the words flow from your heart. Don’t over-think anything, and most importantly don’t censor anything or limit yourself. You can use the same journal starter more than once if it really resonates for you.
Use the page to create, imagine, and daydream your best self. Feel yourself expanding out from the current limits of your life, dipping your toes in that glorious ocean of possibility.
I believe there is more in store in life for me that what is in front of me right now. I have so many gifts to share, and I just need a little help to shine more brightly. I would appreciate some helpful people, some new opportunities, some great teachers and any other synchronicities or miracles you can throw my way. I know some of these can be quickly sorted, and some may take more time. I am open to however this works.
I am excited about my future. I await it with open arms. I say YES to possibilities, and I am READY TO MOVE FORWARD in ways that bring me happiness and that best use my talents and gifts:
Choose from any of these journal starters and begin manifesting your new life:
With a little bit of support I could
- I have a great project in mind, but I’m a bit stuck about how to go forward. What I really need is
- One of the things holding me back right now is ____________ . If I could just get some help with this I could
- I’d love to learn how to _______________ . I would love to attract a teacher who could
- I believe in following your passions, and that if you do what you love, the money will follow. One of my greatest passions is
- I would love an opportunity to
- If only someone would give me a chance I could
- This situation isn’t working for me. What I need is
- I used to be so good at ______________ . I’d love to be able to
- My greatest dream is
- The sort of miracle I need right now is
- I’m really stuck right now. I need some help to turn my life around because
- If I was brave enough I would
- You know my talents and gifts greater than I do. It would be really cool if
- I have a super idea, but I don’t know how to bring it to life. I need to find some
- The big thing that’s stopped me living my dreams is _________________. Can you help me find a way to
- Get me out of here! I would love to be able to
- I’m ready to say YES to
Daydreaming your way to a new life
When you have ten minutes all to yourself where you won’t be disturbed, go sit in a comfy chair, lie down on the bed, or spend some time in nature. Take your journal with you! Open up this exercise and read one of your answers. Use that as a starting point, close your eyes or gaze off into the distance and just daydream yourself in that ideal life. See yourself having a great time, being successful and happy, getting the thing done, achieving the goal, getting the promotion, having the life or the lifestyle, winning the award, getting married, having that dream trip, riding off into the sunset… See that teacher coming into your life, or your soul mate. Really feel how wonderful that will be, to love and to use your gifts and to live your purpose. An amazing and satisfying and fulfilling life.
Know that daydreaming and visualisation is a proven manifestation tool. Indulge often!